Just Found a Local Church Left Intact
Another great thing about St. Clement church is that I get to use the work "ilk" with its original meaning - ‘of the same name or place.’  I can call it "St. Clement of that ilk".

Archaic word usage for the win.  :clap:
(06-03-2013, 02:14 PM)Felix E Wrote: TLM? In that Church? That Church is way too medieval. You can't have a Teen Life Mass in there but I guess if you took away some pews you could fit in the band. It also looks like the stage is busy which isn't good because usually we go around the stage holding hands.

I am happy for you that you have found somewhere to express your charism, blessed by all the recent Popes. Just a hint, usually it's called LifeTeen Mass so LTM not TLM but it's all the same as long as the Spirit works within you (you will know because of the tongues and healing).
:LOL: :rofl:
I've found a web site with more pictures: http://villagephotographer.wordpress.com...ic-church/

The pictures were taken on a tour of participating noteworthy buildings and heritage sites in Waterloo Region.  Apparently a secular group recognizes the historic significance of this church.  If only more Catholics understood the importance of the past.
(06-03-2013, 08:21 PM)JayneK Wrote: I've found a web site with more pictures: http://villagephotographer.wordpress.com...ic-church/

The pictures were taken on a tour of participating noteworthy buildings and heritage sites in Waterloo Region.  Apparently a secular group recognizes the historic significance of this church.  If only more Catholics understood the importance of the past.

We find this secular understanding of retaining the past as well in the music field, such as St. Martin's Chamber Choir and other groups which capitalize on Catholic history and art, etc. whilst not actually being Catholic.
Beautiful church! Would be really wonderful to have the TLM there. The altars are very similar to the ones in my church.
(06-03-2013, 06:14 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(06-03-2013, 03:51 PM)jonbhorton Wrote: What parish is this? Is there a website? I'd love to see a more detailed picture of the altars, etc.

Very beautiful.

There is a website (posted above) but I think this is the only picture on it.  Some of the links in the site don't work, but the one on the history of the parish does and it is really interesting.  I especially liked this bit:
Quote:The early Catholic settlers who came to St. Clements, Ontario in the early 1830’s were from Alsace-Lorraine and Bavaria. They met in homes for religious liturgies and were served by missionary priests. In time, the community sent their most fluent English-speaker, Adam Koebel, to the bishop of Toronto – a two-week’s walk away – for permission to secure land and build a church. A log church was built in 1840, then replaced by a larger, brick edifice. The new church opened in 1858. It was such a special and joyous occasion that a large brass band from Buffalo performed before Mass. St. Clement’s Church was considered at that time, to be the largest Church west of Toronto.

So beautiful! Also, my great-great grandfather immigrated to Ohio from Alsace-Lorraine.