The Neumann Press is closing!
I was very disappointed to get this e-mail from the owners of The Neumann Press.  I am surprised that St. Benedict's Press or another Catholic publisher didn't buy them.  I would have been interested in making a bid, but they are closing up tight as a drum.  This is a real loss to the Traditional Community.

"Thank you for your patronage and support in the past 32 years of doing business with The Neumann Press.

Dennis and Dorothy McCoy founded The Neumann Press in 1981, with the goal of republishing and reprinting long lost Catholic titles with beautiful bindings and excellent content. As an apostolate, their goal was reached and surpassed, rediscovering and reinforcing a Catholic culture that inspired many young families and adults to take heart in difficult times.

Dennis McCoy passed away on April 22, 2013 from an aggressive form of lymphoma which took us all by surprise. Dennis was in so many ways the "glue" that held The Neumann Press together and is sorely missed.

Thank you for the innumerable prayers while Dennis was ill and for those offered for the repose of his soul.

We regret that we must close the doors of The Neumann Press. This has been a difficult and painful decision for our family, and we know this closure will be sad news to many of you. We can no longer accept and process orders and are officially closed.

Our goal is to offer any remaining stock of our titles in a closing sale in late summer/early fall 2013, and will keep you all updated as to when the exact dates will be.

Thank you again and God Bless you all,

The Neumann Press and the McCoy Family
21892 County 11
Long Prairie, MN. 56347"
I would go to Neumann Press to get books as presents for my nieces and nephews, and also for others and myself.  They were always beautifully bound. Their collection was small but very nice.  I will miss this company.

Dennis McCoy RIP
RIP
:pray:
That is a shame. Perhaps they didn't wish to go the TAN route and be made into an imprint of a larger company. They can be proud of their service in the 32 years. They laid a foundation for others to come in later. We stand in a much greater position to access great Catholic works due in part to their service. May they be rewarded greatly for their work.
SIGH
(06-07-2013, 03:22 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: That is a shame. Perhaps they didn't wish to go the TAN route and be made into an imprint of a larger company.

They are now an imprint of TAN Books! :)

https://www.tanbooks.com/neumann-press.html