Smokers
Can a non-recovering smoking addict speak rationally about cigarettes?  I don't think so.
(06-08-2013, 09:11 PM)dark lancer Wrote: Can a non-recovering smoking addict speak rationally about cigarettes?  I don't think so.

Oh, I've heard my aunt do it, but she's the only one I've come across so far.  LOL She actually prefers to smoke outside, will purposely direct her stream of smoke out of the window if she smokes while someone else is in the car with her, doesn't smoke while other people she's with are eating or having coffee, etc. She's absolutely the most considerate smoker I've ever met.  Way to go!
I do the same as your aunt but I'm considered an evil smoker here. It's not about being kind, it's about being persecuted. If this was 1700, the city of Chicago would be in flames. This oppression of other humans is reason to rebel. Cigarettes from the Pizza place are FOURTEEN DOLLARS a pack, and from the Indian reservation they are THREE, that's ELEVEN DOLLARS in tax.

It has nothing to do with health costs. Women as a group cost more from their using the pill and abortion, that's the root cause in the increase in Breast Cancer. Homosexual men reduce their life expectancy by 24 years, and we spend 13 million per homosexual death for research for a vaccine for AIDS. Oppress them and I'll say it's fair. Both can be prevented but abstinence.

tim
I just spent the last hour and a half nailing in a tarp to a badly-damaged roof on the house my uncle let go to waste.  It was like crawling through a minefield, except instead of mines there were hidden holes, broken rafters, and slippery tiles.  The roof was at least one story high to boot.  My nerves are shaking, and when I got down, I felt faint.  I'm recovering nicely, though.

And I still don't need a crutch like the suckers who pay real money to smoke!  Hahahaha!
(06-09-2013, 08:40 PM)dark lancer Wrote: I just spent the last hour and a half nailing in a tarp to a badly-damaged roof on the house my uncle let go to waste.  It was like crawling through a minefield, except instead of mines there were hidden holes, broken rafters, and slippery tiles.  The roof was at least one story high to boot.  My nerves are shaking, and when I got down, I felt faint.  I'm recovering nicely, though.

And I still don't need a crutch like the suckers who pay real money to smoke!  Hahahaha!

If you'd smoked a Lucky Strike you'd have pulled a 30 minute Bob Villa. Fact.
I'd hate to see what would happen if coffee was ever taxed that heavily, Tim.  afraidsmiley
(06-09-2013, 08:45 PM)jonbhorton Wrote:
(06-09-2013, 08:40 PM)dark lancer Wrote: I just spent the last hour and a half nailing in a tarp to a badly-damaged roof on the house my uncle let go to waste.  It was like crawling through a minefield, except instead of mines there were hidden holes, broken rafters, and slippery tiles.  The roof was at least one story high to boot.  My nerves are shaking, and when I got down, I felt faint.  I'm recovering nicely, though.

The added weight of the carcinogens in my lungs would have certainly collapsed the roof beneath me.  Fact.
(06-09-2013, 08:49 PM)dark lancer Wrote:

The added weight of the carcinogens in my lungs would have certainly collapsed the roof beneath me.  Fact.

But the tar would seep into the wood and strengthen an otherwise brittle molecular structure. In fact, with the resultant tumors, you might just increase square footage AND improve water impenetrability!

America was built with a cigarette in the mouth, and has been destroyed since smoking became verboten. Fact.
(06-09-2013, 08:56 PM)jonbhorton Wrote:
(06-09-2013, 08:49 PM)dark lancer Wrote:

But the tar would seep into the wood and strengthen an otherwise brittle molecular structure. In fact, with the resultant tumors, you might just increase square footage AND improve water impenetrability!

America was built with a cigarette in the mouth, and has been destroyed since smoking became verboten. Fact.

Correlation does not equal causation.  Fact.
Kramer knows. Fact.