FE Challenge: Act of Kindness In the Name of Jesus
This seems like something we can do in order to emulate Saint Therese of Lisieux

[Image: howto-page-1.jpg]

http://thelittleways.com/how-to-make-sacrifice-beads
(06-11-2013, 11:00 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(06-11-2013, 10:50 AM)Felix E Wrote: Hmmm. No can do. Can't leave my basement. I just recently purchased a copy of Dungeons and Dragons limited edition set 64 with the Dragons Seal.

But this is a great idea Vox  :grin: My favourite is handing out scapulars and holy cards. I must admit though that my intentions are usually to entice the person to come to the TLM so the merchandise is more of a convo starter unless it's a scapular in which case I can talk for a long time about it.

I posted somewhere once about "business cards" I have with the FishEaters website URL on it... You could write the location of your city's TLM location on them and hand them out.  If you want cards like that, send me a SASE and I can send however many will fit in the envelope and that the postage you attach will handle.  The cards look like this:

[Image: cardfront1.jpg]
with this on the back:

[Image: cardback1.jpg]

how much would it cost in order to ship some cards. I have several Latin Mass parishes around me. I don't think they are TLM but they are still Latin and quite beauiful.
(06-11-2013, 03:49 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: how much would it cost in order to ship some cards. I have several Latin Mass parishes around me. I don't think they are TLM but they are still Latin and quite beauiful.

In the US, it goes like this:

Domestic letter - 1 oz: $0.45
Domestic letter - 2 oz: $0.65
Domestic letter - 3 oz: $0.85

Not sure how much business cards weigh, but assuming you're wanting a few and not an entire box or something, you'd send a SASE (regular envelope) with whatever postage to cover how many ounces of cards you're wanting (ha, "ounces of cards" LOL)
(06-11-2013, 09:43 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(06-11-2013, 03:49 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: how much would it cost in order to ship some cards. I have several Latin Mass parishes around me. I don't think they are TLM but they are still Latin and quite beauiful.

Not sure how much business cards weigh, but assuming you're wanting a few and not an entire box or something, you'd send a SASE (regular envelope) with whatever postage to cover how many ounces of cards you're wanting (ha, "ounces of cards" LOL)

thanks Vox for clarifying

is there is specific address we send it to?
(06-12-2013, 05:28 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote:
(06-11-2013, 09:43 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:

thanks Vox for clarifying

is there is specific address we send it to?

I'm sorry!  I'm out of town right now, sans my regular 'puter, so didn't get this 'til just now. Send to me at:

Tracy
736 North Bosart Avenue
Indianapolis, IN  46201-2955

Sorry I missed your post! :P

Speaking of acts of kindness: I just read this book called "Quirkology," in which a shrink describes these little studies he's done -- quirky things, hence the title. In one study, he drops addressed envelopes, sans postage, in doorways and in parking lots of various churches, wanting to see which sorts of religious people would be the most helpful. Catholics and liberals came out on top -- stamping and mailing 89% and 87% of them, respectively; the "conservative" groups, like the Evangelicals, came out on the bottom, mailing 42%, and mailing "with postage due" the rest.

Looks like Catholics are better at living out the Gospel message than other groups...  So, yayyyyyyyyyy Catlicks :P
Another anecdotal factoid. In the wake of the attack on the Twin Towers, 95% of the fallen first responders; police, firemen, et al, were Catholics.This became apparent with the coverage of all the funerals after the tragedy. This pops in my mind once in a while, and I wonder, considering the state of the mess in the Church, how these guys, probably not all in the state of grace, when they come before the Lord, what He says. I always remember His words about no greater love has one that he lay down his life for another, especially in light of the second great commandment as the Lord told the Pharisees.

Here in Chi-raq there is a saloon called the G&L Fire Escape.It's local but mostly firemen and cops hide there and do some serious ahem drinking. I used to hang there and maybe the Lord has one just like that for those guys now.

tim
(06-18-2013, 12:16 PM)Tim Wrote: Another anecdotal factoid. In the wake of the attack on the Twin Towers, 95% of the fallen first responders; police, firemen, et al, were Catholics.This became apparent with the coverage of all the funerals after the tragedy. This pops in my mind once in a while, and I wonder, considering the state of the mess in the Church, how these guys, probably not all in the state of grace, when they come before the Lord, what He says. I always remember His words about no greater love has one that he lay down his life for another, especially in light of the second great commandment as the Lord told the Pharisees.

And as St. Peter said, "charity covereth a multitude of sins." (1 Peter 4:8)