Anglican more Catholic than Francis
Thread title and content is straight from hell.
John that article which contained that info. was someone's opinion and had no attribution while the Letter he sent concerning Homo marriage and Satan is signed by him. Let's wait for him to do wrong, huh ? Either he Consecrates Russia as asked or he doesn't, that's the only thing left. No one gets extra points for divining what his intentions are.

tim
(06-15-2013, 09:44 AM)John Lane Wrote:
(06-15-2013, 05:02 AM)Whitey Wrote: Dancing around the rules again John ?

I've never danced around the rules, sorry. 

As for what you are intimating, actually I am long past expecting that Catholics connect the papacy and the faith, as they should.  One can call him a heretic all day long (as he evidently is) and nobody would think that this might have any further implications which might be against the rules here!

All that has happened is that I sat down this morning to read the news with my coffee, and saw this article, which amazed me.  It occurred to me that if Francis had said any of these things Rorate Caeli would have an article saying maybe the tide has turned?  That's how low the bar has been dragged these days.

Tim, on sodmitical unions, Francis is on record saying that he favours some kind of civil union, but opposes "marriage".  On capitalism, I agree with them both.  I was just pointing out the similarities these two men have. 
You are a moron.
Quote:Dear Sisters,

I write this letter to each one of you in the four Monasteries of Buenos Aires. The Argentine people must face, in the next few weeks, a situation whose result may gravely harm the family. It is the bill on matrimony of persons of the same sex.

The identity of the family, and its survival, are in jeopardy here: father, mother, and children. The life of so many children who will be discriminated beforehand due to the lack of human maturity that God willed them to have with a father and a mother is in jeopardy. A clear rejection of the law of God, engraved in our hearts, is in jeopardy.

I recall words of Saint Thérèse when she speaks of the infirmity of her childhood. She says that the envy of the Devil tried to extort her family after her older sister joined the Carmel. Here, the envy of the Devil, through which sin entered the world, is also present, and deceitfully intends to destroy the image of God: man and woman, who receive the mandate to grow, multiply, and conquer the earth. Let us not be naive: it is not a simple political struggle; it is an intention [which is] destructive of the plan of God. It is not a mere legislative project (this is a mere instrument), but rather a "move" of the father of lies who wishes to confuse and deceive the children of God.

Jesus tells us that, in order to defend us from this lying accuser, he will send us the Spirit of Truth. Today, the Nation [patria], before this situation, needs the special assistance of the Holy Ghost that may place the light of Truth amid the shadows of error; it needs this Advocate who may defend us from the enchantment of so many sophisms with which this bill is being justified, and which confuse and deceive even people of good will.

That is why I turn to you and ask from you prayer and sacrifice, the two invincible weapons which Saint Thérèse confessed to have. Cry out to the Lord that he may send his Spirit to the Senators who are to place their votes. That they may not do it moved by error or by circumstantial matters, but rather according to what the natural law and the law of God tell them. Pray for them, for their families; that the Lord may visit, strengthen, and console them. Pray that they may do great good for the Nation.

This bill will be discussed in the Senate after July 13. Let us look towards Saint Joseph, to Mary, the Child, and let us ask with fervor that they will defend the Argentine family in this moment. Let us recall what God himself told his people in a time of great anguish: "this war is not yours, but God's". That they may succour, defend, and accompany us in this war of God.

Thank you for what you will do in this struggle for the Nation. And, please, I beg you, pray for me also. May Jesus bless you, and may the Blessed Virgin protect you.

Affectionately,
Card. Jorge Mario Bergoglio s.j., Archbishop of Buenos Aires
(Strictly speaking, the Pope is always Catholic, Eastern and Latin, and can never be anything else - such as an Anglican; which is arguably not a denomination.)

Move along. Nothing to see here.  :bonfire:
(06-15-2013, 09:54 AM)Felix E Wrote: Thread title and content is straight from hell.
Curious, F'lixe,

Would you care to elaborate?
(06-15-2013, 12:34 PM)Oldavid Wrote:
(06-15-2013, 09:54 AM)Felix E Wrote: Thread title and content is straight from hell.
Curious, F'lixe,

Would you care to elaborate?

The devil causes division. The devil celebrates it when material heretics are used as a measuring stick and beating stick against the Vicar of Christ. The devil loves it when people disrespect the Vicar of Christ by calling him just 'Francis'.

No Anglican is more Catholic than Francis; and not only that the post begins with "Just in case anybody thinks that Francis is orthodox". Catholics should and will find all of this offensive. I'm not exactly in love with Pope Francis yet but God either willed it or permitted it and either way he's Papa and doesn't deserve this kinda bull**** from his spiritual sons and daughters.
(06-15-2013, 09:57 AM)Tim Wrote: John that article which contained that info. was someone's opinion and had no attribution while the Letter he sent concerning Homo marriage and Satan is signed by him.

Tim, the provenance of the information conerning his favouring of civil unions is entirely public.  The fellow he said it to has testified to it, and Francis has not denied it or even hinted that it was in any way erroneous.  So at best, he does not consider it scandalous.

How you can say it had no attribution is beyond me.  It has as much attribution as any quote reported by any journalist.  Such things always rely upon human testimony.  Let's not do what countless trads did during Paul VI's reign, inventing fanciful ways to outdo each other in denying that Paul VI was responsible for what came out of the Vatican.  Eventually that mentality ptoduced the "impostor pope" theory.

(06-15-2013, 09:57 AM)Tim Wrote: Let's wait for him to do wrong, huh ? Either he Consecrates Russia as asked or he doesn't, that's the only thing left. No one gets extra points for divining what his intentions are. tim

When did the consecration of Russia not merely get added to the deposit of faith (that would be heretical enough) but replace the entire deposit of faith as the shibboleth for Catholicism???

I'm not divining his intentions, I'm observing his words and actions.  He is impossible to distinguish at this point from any number of evangelical Anglicans, except that the latter are often more direct, clear, and orthodox.  Oh, any one of them might be staying in the Vatican guest house too.  I'm sure it's not reserved only for Catholic visitors.  His whole approach shouts "Collegiality"!!!  No throne, no proper garb, no moving into the papal apartments, and no preaching of the faith.
Inappropriate thread. This is a Catholic forum.
(06-15-2013, 01:18 PM)Felix E Wrote: The devil causes division.

Vatican II shattered the unity of the Church.  No doubt about that.

Now, how did it do so?  By stopping dead the authoritative preaching of the faith, and the necessary concommitant of that, which is the suppression of error.  Suddenly it became clear that one could believe and even preach pretty much anything that one liked, as long as one was somewhat careful (but not very careful!) with one's language.

Yes, the devil loves division.  He especially loves to wreck the unity of faith.  Let me know when you decide to learn your faith from Francis.  I'll bet anyone, conservative or traditional, that they won't go that far!

Are you an authority on hell too?