Anglican more Catholic than Francis
(06-17-2013, 04:16 PM)Whitey Wrote: I understand how you would feel as you do towards JPII and Francis, but I'm just not sure the perfect pope that would meet all traddies satisfaction will ever come our way.

Now, you know that we don't expect perfection, merely the absolute minimum - the faith.

(06-17-2013, 04:16 PM)Whitey Wrote:   Myself, I'm a miserable example of a Catholic. Who am I to judge ? I have to pray a lot in order to occupy my mind. I struggle with temptation all day every day. 

Me too, but this is a false dichotomy.  I don't think I'm a better man than Bergoglio, for example.  He may well have corresponded with his lights so far, I have no real insight into his upbringing and education.  What I do know is that his title puts a significant psychological pressure on Catholics to bend their minds to find a way to think that his naturalism is somehow orthodoxy.  And that is terrible, just terrible.  This is one of the major factors which has wrecked the faith of so many millions. 

(06-17-2013, 04:16 PM)Whitey Wrote: My posts in this thread are an example. You are just trying to defend the Faith in a way you are good at doing and I enter the thread with a negative/hateful slur. I apologize for that.

Accepted, and I am sure I need to apologise also, and I do.  I am sorry for any offense.

(06-17-2013, 04:16 PM)Whitey Wrote: And now I'm rambling, so I'll just end with the wish that all trads would focus on what we share and realize bickering over our differences never serve to accomplish much. These spats only result in division, much to the delight of the Enemy and his pals in the Hierarchy.

I agree that spats are purely destructive, but I am content if I can create sufficient concern about the heresies of these men that other Catholics are rendered safer from their depredations.  The reaction may well be rather violent, but that's only the immediate reaction.  Longer term the very existence of people who holds views like mine serves to underline just how grave the crisis is, and aids others to find safety.
(06-17-2013, 06:16 PM)John Lane Wrote: The reaction may well be rather violent, but that's only the immediate reaction.  Longer term the very existence of people who holds views like mine serves to underline just how grave the crisis is, and aids others to find safety.

Outside of the Church, there is no safety.  >:(

"Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because you go round about the sea and the land to make one proselyte; and when he is made, you make him the child of hell twofold more than yourselves." - Matthew 23:15

You are a snake, seeking to prey on Catholics.
(06-17-2013, 06:16 PM)John Lane Wrote:
(06-17-2013, 04:16 PM)Whitey Wrote: I understand how you would feel as you do towards JPII and Francis, but I'm just not sure the perfect pope that would meet all traddies satisfaction will ever come our way.

Now, you know that we don't expect perfection, merely the absolute minimum - the faith.

(06-17-2013, 04:16 PM)Whitey Wrote:   Myself, I'm a miserable example of a Catholic. Who am I to judge ? I have to pray a lot in order to occupy my mind. I struggle with temptation all day every day. 

Me too, but this is a false dichotomy.  I don't think I'm a better man than Bergoglio, for example.  He may well have corresponded with his lights so far, I have no real insight into his upbringing and education.  What I do know is that his title puts a significant psychological pressure on Catholics to bend their minds to find a way to think that his naturalism is somehow orthodoxy.  And that is terrible, just terrible.  This is one of the major factors which has wrecked the faith of so many millions. 

(06-17-2013, 04:16 PM)Whitey Wrote: My posts in this thread are an example. You are just trying to defend the Faith in a way you are good at doing and I enter the thread with a negative/hateful slur. I apologize for that.

Accepted, and I am sure I need to apologise also, and I do.  I am sorry for any offense.

(06-17-2013, 04:16 PM)Whitey Wrote: And now I'm rambling, so I'll just end with the wish that all trads would focus on what we share and realize bickering over our differences never serve to accomplish much. These spats only result in division, much to the delight of the Enemy and his pals in the Hierarchy.

I agree that spats are purely destructive, but I am content if I can create sufficient concern about the heresies of these men that other Catholics are rendered safer from their depredations.  The reaction may well be rather violent, but that's only the immediate reaction.  Longer term the very existence of people who holds views like mine serves to underline just how grave the crisis is, and aids others to find safety.

Noted and considered. The crisis is real. No doubt about that.
And no need to apologize. I started the fuss.

(06-17-2013, 06:24 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(06-17-2013, 06:16 PM)John Lane Wrote: The reaction may well be rather violent, but that's only the immediate reaction.  Longer term the very existence of people who holds views like mine serves to underline just how grave the crisis is, and aids others to find safety.

"Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because you go round about the sea and the land to make one proselyte; and when he is made, you make him the child of hell twofold more than yourselves." - Matthew 23:15

Thanks mate.  Just go and have a peek at what Paul IV (i.e. Paul 4th, not 6th!) legislated in Cum ex apostolatus, and perhaps what St. Robert Bellarmine says.  What you describe as "schism" is nothing more nor less than the constant tradition of Holy Church.  Don't let your utter ignorance of the relevant principles cause you to get all hot and flustered. 
(06-17-2013, 07:35 PM)John Lane Wrote:

Thanks mate.  Just go and have a peek at what Paul IV (i.e. Paul 4th, not 6th!) legislated in Cum ex apostolatus, and perhaps what St. Robert Bellarmine says.  What you describe as "schism" is nothing more nor less than the constant tradition of Holy Church.  Don't let your utter ignorance of the relevant principles cause you to get all hot and flustered. 

I am not ignorant of your notorious schismatic proselytizing.
(06-17-2013, 08:13 PM)Parmandur Wrote:

Having a bad day, Parmandur?
(06-17-2013, 08:19 PM)OldMan Wrote: Having a bad day, Parmandur?

Bad hair day.  His mum caught him without his turban on?
(06-17-2013, 08:19 PM)OldMan Wrote:
(06-17-2013, 08:13 PM)Parmandur Wrote:

Having a bad day, Parmandur?

Schismatics pouring out filth against the Holy Father should revolt any Catholic.
(06-17-2013, 08:39 PM)John Lane Wrote:
(06-17-2013, 08:19 PM)OldMan Wrote: Having a bad day, Parmandur?

Bad hair day.  His mum caught him without his turban on?

???

Are you making a racist comment of some sort?  If you refer to my profile, you will see that I am British-German in background.  If you think I'm Middle-Eastern or India, I call:

[Image: hA7C9F103]
"Racist" is a pretty meaningless term, invented by liberals as a way of hating ordinary people from a pretend moral high ground.

That picture of yours.  So those who love the South, fail to believe lies told against their ancestors, and display a Confederate flag are racists?   That sounds like a genuinely hateful generalisation to me.  But one is never surprised by the contradictions of liberals.

No, I wasn't making a racist joke, I was suggesting that you are a Sikh, as somebody who doesn't know any Christian doctrine.  And just in case you decide to pose as though you find that joke offensive on "race-hate" grounds, Sikh's are not a race, they are a religion.  (And generally very nice people, in my experience.)