Priest says we can't kneel down
(06-18-2013, 10:28 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: ...or to women wearing pants?

Does this actually happen? 
I know a woman who grew up in the Society and a Society priest once denied her ?7? year old daughter communion because the girl's sleeves were too short.
(06-18-2013, 02:07 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote:

At St. Gertrude the Great, Cincinnati, there are "Communion Rules" followed by a dress code. Women in pants aren't even supposed to enter the church. Of course SGG is not associated with the Archdiocese and that's why I asked if traditional priests could make up their own rules.
(06-18-2013, 02:15 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:

At St. Gertrude the Great, Cincinnati, there are "Communion Rules" followed by a dress code. Women in pants aren't even supposed to enter the church. Of course SGG is not associated with the Archdiocese and that's why I asked if traditional priests could make up their own rules.

When one does not submit to authority, they are authority. Or at least usurping it.

I dunno why women wear pants anyway. I'd rock a kilt or dishdasha if I could get away with it. Especially in summer.
(06-18-2013, 02:15 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:

Thanks.  I was expecting something along those lines in terms of affiliation. 
(06-18-2013, 02:23 PM)jonbhorton Wrote: I dunno why women wear pants anyway. I'd rock a kilt or dishdasha if I could get away with it. Especially in summer.

I'd be tempted myself to do the same.  As for the rest, I leave the decision as to what lower body garments to wear to my wife.  She dresses modestly, wears a shawl to cover her shoulders and arms if she is wearing anything sleeveless to Mass, but does alternate between a dress/skirt and pants, and that is just fine by me.  I mean, I'm dumb and all, but I'm not quite dumb enough to attempt to institute a dress code on her.  :cuckoo:
There are Society Masses in the past, in some locations, that would require a tie for men. No tie, no service. I personally have never seen anyone denied communion, trad or otherwise.
(06-17-2013, 11:23 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: Should I tell the bishop ???

It could just be that individual priest because another priest in my parish has let me kneel while receiving Holy Communion. So far it is only that priest that has not let me kneel.

Bring it to the pastor. Write a polite email with said documentation and an account of the discussion. Try to be objective and don't finger point. Assume the best. The pastor is the next up in line. If that priest was the pastor, then you can take it up to the bishop. Fr. Baca at St Cecilia's is a good go-between with the bishop. He may be able to address the issue to the bishop, and get some action there. He is the one acclimating Bishop Vann to the diocese, and he does the ecumenical stuff ("Episcopal Vicar of Ecumenism and Inter-Religion"), so he is in conflict resolution for the different factions in the diocese as well. Fr. Al Baca, Email: abaca@stceciliak8.org. Maybe the whole parish needs a refresher on this. Such an attitude from that priest will cause more division than unity. Keep up the good work.
(06-15-2013, 01:36 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: My parish  priest today after several people had received communion kneeling stated that we are not to receive Holy Communion kneeling down , but only standing. He stated that the bishops have stated that the norm for receiving Holy Communion is standing.

Is there any place that the priest got this from? I don't know any document that has supported his claim.

Other priests have told me that priests should not deny people the right of kneeling to receive.

I don't think it helps the fact that all the altar servers were girls

I would leave that parish in a heart beat!. Than find a nice traditional one or go to a Greek Catholic parish. My rant!. 
(06-18-2013, 08:40 PM)Scriptorium Wrote:
(06-17-2013, 11:23 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: Should I tell the bishop ???

It could just be that individual priest because another priest in my parish has let me kneel while receiving Holy Communion. So far it is only that priest that has not let me kneel.

Bring it to the pastor. Write a polite email with said documentation and an account of the discussion. Try to be objective and don't finger point. Assume the best. The pastor is the next up in line. If that priest was the pastor, then you can take it up to the bishop. Fr. Baca at St Cecilia's is a good go-between with the bishop. He may be able to address the issue to the bishop, and get some action there. He is the one acclimating Bishop Vann to the diocese, and he does the ecumenical stuff ("Episcopal Vicar of Ecumenism and Inter-Religion"), so he is in conflict resolution for the different factions in the diocese as well. Fr. Al Baca, Email: abaca@stceciliak8.org. Maybe the whole parish needs a refresher on this. Such an attitude from that priest will cause more division than unity. Keep up the good work.

The problem is that the priest I am talking about is the pastor