Pope Francis received members of the French Parliament
http://www.zenit.org/en/articles/french-senate-and-national-assembly-members-meet-with-pope-francis?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zenit%2Fenglish+%28ZENIT+English%29

"We can rejoice in the fact that the proposals of the Church are among those that are valued in French society, in particular the Church’s vision of the human person and his dignity in view of the common good. The Church thus desires to offer her own specific contribution to the profound questions that require a more complete vision of the person and his destiny and of society and its destiny. This contribution situates itself not only in the anthropological and social sphere but also in the political, economic and cultural spheres."

What the heck does this mean? ??? Did i miss something? Did France return to it's former glory? Did they repeal the gay marriage bill?
What a nonsense... I thought you were quoting one of JP II best-sellers...
(06-17-2013, 07:18 PM)Dmorgan Wrote: http://www.zenit.org/en/articles/french-senate-and-national-assembly-members-meet-with-pope-francis?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zenit%2Fenglish+%28ZENIT+English%29

"We can rejoice in the fact that the proposals of the Church are among those that are valued in French society, in particular the Church’s vision of the human person and his dignity in view of the common good. The Church thus desires to offer her own specific contribution to the profound questions that require a more complete vision of the person and his destiny and of society and its destiny. This contribution situates itself not only in the anthropological and social sphere but also in the political, economic and cultural spheres."

What the heck does this mean? ??? Did i miss something? Did France return to it's former glory? Did they repeal the gay marriage bill?

You missed something.
The Pope spoke about the task of the senators and parliament's members that should be to propose laws, to amend en even possibly ABROGATE those which are opposed to their consciences, thus clearly alluding to the recently voted law for the gay marriage.
In addition he scornfully said that laws should not be made according to the actual fashions.