A Priest that gets it - BSA SSA policy.
Kudos to Msgr. Hart for standing up like this.  He is perhaps the only priest I have seen thus far to do so and definitely the only one I have seen buck the party line on the clerical abuse cases not being an issue of homosexuality.  He acknowledges what is plain to see for those who are not trying to be politically correct or push an agenda, which is that 85% of the sexual abuse cases by priests involved teenage boys.  Incidentally, and not surprisingly, the parish where Msgr. Hart is the pastor, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton in the Diocese of Fort Worth, has also undergone a liturgical renewal and celebrates the NO Mass with great reverence.  They have a schola, etc. and are in the process of building a school because they are growing so fast.  As a result, they have had several vocations to the priesthood and consecrated life in recent years, after none prior to his arrival. 

Here is the article I am referring to in the beginning, which was put in their weekly Sunday bulletin: http://seascc.org/documents/Sunday%20Bul...202013.pdf

God Bless the Msgr. Hart !  Finally some new that doesn't give me the blues !

tim
Good for him. Aside from that I, would only hope that parents of all Catholic boys pull t heir sons from the BSA - immediately. As a former Boy Scout myself, I find this situation both intolerable and heartbreaking.
(06-18-2013, 07:12 AM)Tim Wrote: God Bless the Msgr. Hart !  Finally some new that doesn't give me the blues !

tim

It is nice to see something like that isn't it?  With any luck, and a stout helping of God's grace, he will be a bishop someday. 
(06-18-2013, 09:27 AM)OldMan Wrote: Good for him. Aside from that I, would only hope that parents of all Catholic boys pull t heir sons from the BSA - immediately. As a former Boy Scout myself, I find this situation both intolerable and heartbreaking.

Absolutely the truth. I made only second class, I was much more interested in goofing around. But man o man the BSA helps boys become men. My fondest memory was a camp out over the weekend after Decoration Day near the border of Indiana and Michigan, when it snowed 12 inches. Really character building with the wrong equipment.

tim
Quote:Incidentally, and not surprisingly, the parish where Msgr. Hart is the pastor, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton in the Diocese of Fort Worth, has also undergone a liturgical renewal and celebrates the NO Mass with great reverence.  They have a schola, etc. and are in the process of building a school because they are growing so fast.  As a result, they have had several vocations to the priesthood and consecrated life in recent years, after none prior to his arrival.
Huh you make it sound as if there's a correlation between liturgical renewal and vocations to the priesthood/religious...

Shocking
(06-18-2013, 12:34 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote: Huh you make it sound as if there's a correlation between liturgical renewal and vocations to the priesthood/religious...

Shocking

Indeed.