Urge Catholic Answers to retract!
(06-19-2013, 01:58 AM)Norbert Wrote:
(06-19-2013, 01:48 AM)Geremia Wrote:
(06-19-2013, 12:39 AM)Norbert Wrote: ....because neocaths are water carriers for the left, and always have been?
Applause

Seriously.  This should surprise no one.  CA, Jimmy Akin, Greely, Staples, all of their ilk, know full well who their enemies are, and it's not the Modernists and pedo-shields.
[b]
If they had voris, Bugnini, and Obama, and two bullets, they'd shoot Voris twice.
[/b]
EDIT: I would spend my time in earnest prayer for Catholicism and Catholics rather than petitioning CA for anything traditional.

So true. I spent a couple of years as a member on CA. I got warnings like crazy, then one day I posted the "FINAL BLASPHEMY". A new Catholic came on & asked why, if the TLM. is acceptable & Pope Benedict called for it to be used generously, did Vatican II give us another Mass. She kept asking this simple question & everyone skirted the issue. Finally, I told her that, "at Vatican II many felt as if non-Catholics would not accept the TLM., so they wrote a new Mass for modern man".

I was then informed that I was "banned for life". I thought about that for several days & decided to take it as a compliment.  Shrug
I find it sad that for a website and forum that helped me gain my spiritual sanity for a while has such a questionable way of dealing with certain touchy issues, such as traditionalism and inconsistencies from the Hierarchy.

I can say that there are double standards, instances of avoiding the question, cult of personalities on some posters (JReducation), and denial of evidence presented at the Forums.

However, I can never hate them. Their information helped me out during the darkest days of my life. :|
(07-13-2013, 05:03 PM)JoniCath Wrote:
(06-19-2013, 01:58 AM)Norbert Wrote:
(06-19-2013, 01:48 AM)Geremia Wrote:
(06-19-2013, 12:39 AM)Norbert Wrote: ....because neocaths are water carriers for the left, and always have been?
Applause

Seriously.  This should surprise no one.  CA, Jimmy Akin, Greely, Staples, all of their ilk, know full well who their enemies are, and it's not the Modernists and pedo-shields.
[b]
If they had voris, Bugnini, and Obama, and two bullets, they'd shoot Voris twice.
[/b]
EDIT: I would spend my time in earnest prayer for Catholicism and Catholics rather than petitioning CA for anything traditional.

So true. I spent a couple of years as a member on CA. I got warnings like crazy, then one day I posted the "FINAL BLASPHEMY". A new Catholic came on & asked why, if the TLM. is acceptable & Pope Benedict called for it to be used generously, did Vatican II give us another Mass. She kept asking this simple question & everyone skirted the issue. Finally, I told her that, "at Vatican II many felt as if non-Catholics would not accept the TLM., so they wrote a new Mass for modern man".

I was then informed that I was "banned for life". I thought about that for several days & decided to take it as a compliment.  Shrug

He he, I'm willing to bet many of us here were in the same boat and likewise believe it was a compliment and a blessing. 
(07-13-2013, 07:44 PM)RedCaves Wrote: I find it sad that for a website and forum that helped me gain my spiritual sanity for a while has such a questionable way of dealing with certain touchy issues, such as traditionalism and inconsistencies from the Hierarchy.

I can say that there are double standards, instances of avoiding the question, cult of personalities on some posters (JReducation), and denial of evidence presented at the Forums.

However, I can never hate them. Their information helped me out during the darkest days of my life. :|

If you want to know basic catechesis based on Vatican II, their your man.
(07-13-2013, 09:53 PM)2Vermont Wrote:
(07-13-2013, 07:44 PM)RedCaves Wrote: I find it sad that for a website and forum that helped me gain my spiritual sanity for a while has such a questionable way of dealing with certain touchy issues, such as traditionalism and inconsistencies from the Hierarchy.

If you want to know basic catechesis based on Vatican II, their your man.

To be fair, I started to care more about my Faith through them before I knew about Traditionalism.

They've served their general purpose to me years ago, but I still lurk over there just to read on the peculiar questions that get asked.
  Well as you know- or may know- That I got a warningfrom CA- or rather disciplined- for complaining  -on the traditional thread, mind you- about an OF Mass as being "Protestant."  In other words, I had "offended" the Protestants in the forum. Shrug
On this very subject, here is their latest tirade:

http://www.catholic.com/blog/patrick-cof...-mad-trads

(Charming.)
(07-13-2013, 07:44 PM)RedCaves Wrote: (snip)

I hope you never hate them! That wouldn't be good. Even though they are not fair in the least to trads, and though they water down the Faith in many ways, they are humans and fellow Catholics. And for all the bad they do in the aforementioned areas, they also do teach Protestants about (at least some of the) the errors of Protestantism. They've brought a lot of souls to the Church, so praise God for that.

It's like most anything else:  leave the gun, take the cannoli. Er, I mean, take the good, leave the bad. Educate them as you can and pray for them. That's about all we can do.  And to folks reading over our shoulders, having at 'em with guns a-blazin' won't help the situation at all. A calm, cool, logical, charitable, warm approach is the way to go about getting them to see trads as -- well, calm, cool, logical, charitable, and warm, as opposed to the frothing-at-the-mouth caricature that's out there (and that's based on the kernel of Truth that some trads are "rad trads.")

(07-14-2013, 04:04 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(07-13-2013, 07:44 PM)RedCaves Wrote: (snip)

I hope you never hate them! That wouldn't be good. Even though they are not fair in the least to trads, and though they water down the Faith in many ways, they are humans and fellow Catholics. And for all the bad they do in the aforementioned areas, they also do teach Protestants about (at least some of the) the errors of Protestantism. They've brought a lot of souls to the Church, so praise God for that.

It's like most anything else:  leave the gun, take the cannoli. Er, I mean, take the good, leave the bad. Educate them as you can and pray for them. That's about all we can do.  And to folks reading over our shoulders, having at 'em with guns a-blazin' won't help the situation at all. A calm, cool, logical, charitable, warm approach is the way to go about getting them to see trads as -- well, calm, cool, logical, charitable, and warm, as opposed to the frothing-at-the-mouth caricature that's out there (and that's based on the kernel of Truth that some trads are "rad trads.")

I agree 100% Vox! There are some frothing-at-the-mouth types.
(07-14-2013, 04:04 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: They've brought a lot of souls to the Church
Or the Conciliar Church?…