Vatican sources say second miracle approved for John Paul II
(06-19-2013, 03:42 PM)Whitey Wrote: Then there are those like myself who don't feel a need to judge him in order to practice the Faith. :shrug:

Assisi and the Koran kiss bugs me, but I've done worse things in my sinful past.

Honestly, I personally still do just as badly on occasion.  :blush:
(06-19-2013, 03:49 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(06-19-2013, 03:42 PM)Whitey Wrote: Then there are those like myself who don't feel a need to judge him in order to practice the Faith. :shrug:

Assisi and the Koran kiss bugs me, but I've done worse things in my sinful past.

Honestly, I personally still do just as badly on occasion.  :blush:

Yes. You do an awful lot of Summa-kissing.
And there are those like me who forgive him the sins of scandal, honor him, venerate him, and invoke him in prayer. Hearing of his nigh-inevitable canonization...

Te Deum laudamus! Te Deum confitemur! Te aeternum Patrem, omnis terra veneratur!

Quote:I hope that he is saved and enjoying the Beatific Vision, as I do for everyone who has died.
We already know he's in heaven. That's what being beatified means.
(06-19-2013, 03:51 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote: We already know he's in heaven. That's what being beatified means.

A beatification is not infallible, so we do not in fact know that.
-checks-

Hmm. You seems to be right. Well...it seems we're about to know he's in heaven  :LOL:
(06-19-2013, 03:51 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: Yes. You do an awful lot of Summa-kissing.

There is no philosopher but Aristotle, and Thomas is his prophet.  :pieinface:
(06-19-2013, 03:57 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote: -checks-

Hmm. You seems to be right. Well...it seems we're about to know he's in heaven  :LOL:

Perhaps because he is about to enter heaven.  :idea:
(06-19-2013, 03:59 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(06-19-2013, 03:51 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: Yes. You do an awful lot of Summa-kissing.

There is no philosopher but Aristotle, and Thomas is his prophet.  :pieinface:

Thank you for that levity. I laughed out loud when I read that.

I understand where Scotus is coming from. Personally, JPII is not a saint I would invoke. The "rock star" image that seemed to attach itself to him (it seemed he enjoyed it) is unappealing to me. His style was just not my style. I absolutely hope that he is heaven and enjoys the beatific vision.

The problem as I see it is not that he sinned. Of course, we all have. The problem is his very public scandalous actions will be thought of acceptable, actions that no pontiff has ever dared to do. I think that he was beatified by his successor who served as head of the CDF for him smacks of political grandstanding to glorify the post conciliar Church. "If we don't have saints that have been produced by our VII council and our New Mass, well darn it, we'll make some!" Devil's advocate has no place in this process I'm afraid.

Meanwhile, Pius XII's cause has stalled, and I would dare guess, also for political reasons....
On behalf of Mumford and Sons:

Rate yourself and rake yourself
Take all the courage you have left
Waste it on fixing all the problems
That you made in your own head
(06-19-2013, 05:23 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: On behalf of Mumford and Sons:

Rate yourself and rake yourself
Take all the courage you have left
Waste it on fixing all the problems
That you made in your own head

No offense, Scrip, but....