The WYD altar that Pope Francis will be using...
http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/06...m-age.html

Masonic, and stronger in the Church than ever....
What's "Masonic" about it? Don't get me wrong I think it's ugly but let's rein it in a bit. As one commenter said, this was most likely decided under Pope Benedict. 
Yeah it's ugly but hardly masonic. The biggest problem that I see is the absence of a Crucifix.
[Image: pope3_1719792i.jpg]

I thought this austere, plain white geometric figure motif design looks familiar.  It seems to be gaining some popularity, I've seen it on a diocesan level too. I just pray it stops.  :LOL:  There's much better ways to present austerness that also raises one's mind to prayer.
My Masonic reference was not about the "look", but rather the "Masonic-lines blurred-what is that" approach to what is sacred. Sorry for the confusion.
I don't see anything Masonic (plus, let's remember that a lot of supposed Masonic symbols aren't originally Masonic at all), but it looks so unbelievably ugly. Who drew this? Who authorized this? Was the person on drugs or something? It looks like someone's worst nightmare. How do these people seriously think this glorifies God in any way, shape, or form?
That makes Masonic look holy; that is truly the most wicked thing I've ever seen.

WTF came up with world youth day, anyway? Because #TheyInHell
(unless it was a pope, and then I can't judge, but God sure will)
(06-22-2013, 11:21 PM)StCeciliasGirl Wrote: That makes Masonic look holy; that is truly the most wicked thing I've ever seen.

WTF came up with world youth day, anyway? Because #TheyInHell
(unless it was a pope, and then I can't judge, but God sure will)

What's wrong with a bunch of young Catholics congregating in one place to adore Our Lord?  Are you afraid they'll make you feel old or something?

I don't have a problem with the idea in theory, it's more the practice that bothers me.  Specifically this altar that looks like the dudes on Mystery Science Theater would have a ball with it.
WYD glorifies the youth, separates the families. And it's not just WYD, but kids' special "participation" during Mass beyond altar boys, as if children are being celebrated (catered to?) at Mass, instead of being part of the Church worshiping God. My parents didn't let me do that stuff; I won't let my kids do that stuff. I find it mocks God.
I suppose you're opposed to youth groups? young adult groups? Juventutem? etc.