Medjugorje youth fest
Stumbled upon this on YouTube. Yikes.  :realmad:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a59rlqLIjl0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Da59rlqLIjl0
From my days of Lurking, apparently, Medjugorje is not trusted here. I am not convinced of it either. I remember reading one of the bulletins from a parish endorsing a pilgrimage to that place. I kind of cringed when I read it.
Most loyal Medjugorje followers are impossible to reason with. They're wholeheartedly convinced by it despite all the scandal.
I'll admit that I don't know much about Medjogorje, but based on what I've heard and seen, I am very skeptical of it.
The Ordinary said it's not divine. The ruling is made. All appeals and continuance to and of it are in disobedience.

Even from the grave Michael Davies sets the record straight. Go to CatholicTradition.org, click underneath the ENTER sign,click on Directories Online. Go to Medjugorge A Warning, click on it. Davies nails it.
"Thank you for responding to my call!" Please press 1 to continue in English...

Ahh, yes. Everyone I know who's gone there has basically come back all happy and revived and then their lives fall apart.

It just ain't real.
Whenever I see flyers promoting this place left in my parish, I bin them. Our priest says they're just left there (side table near the entrance with various event leaflets, parish magazine and such). It's definitely getting to be a problem.
(06-25-2013, 05:39 PM)fatiam13 Wrote: Even from the grave Michael Davies sets the record straight. Go to CatholicTradition.org, click underneath the ENTER sign,click on Directories Online. Go to Medjugorge A Warning, click on it. Davies nails it.

I've read this before. It's excellent. But its sad how so many Catholics have fallen astray because of this. Even pretty traditional parishes and shrines have "Medjugorje" Rosaries and reading material.
A local shrine of ours has the rosaries, reading material and kitschy souveniers. Disgusting. Even worse are parishes that organize youth pilgrimages, even as the CDF, Rome and bishops have sternly warned them not to.