June 25 - Supposed "Emergency" Meeting of the Roman Curia
Yes I think it should be remembered that paedophilia refers to attraction to pre-pubescent children.  So generally pre-teen.
Attraction to teenagers is not considered to be a mental illness in the recent edition of the DSM-5.  But may be illegal depending on the age-of-consent where you are.
I think it is a given that homosexuals have always been attracted to young men but not necessarily little boys.
Follow up report from Voris

(06-27-2013, 08:15 PM)loggats Wrote: Just so we're clear though... suffering SSA does not make you an "enemy of God". It's a cross that God has certain people bear, through the mystery of redemptive suffering. And it's that kind of suffering for love that gives us a glimpse of inner-Trinitarian love. A man or woman who sacrifices their sexuality (which is what a person with exclusive SSA must effectively do) and lives a chaste life is worthy of all the respect we can give.

You are correct. What a terrible cross it must be for those who suffer from SSA, and those suffering souls who bear their cross and live according to catholic truth, ( the same truth attested to by christ in his testimony to Pontious Pilate) will be rewarded when they face their judgement.

Even those clergy who had the strength to bear their cross and a vocation, the measuring stick is simple... Did they bear witness to the truth?

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
Can someone give me the gist of the Voris update. My work computer self destructs if youtube is accessed.
(06-27-2013, 09:28 PM)Tarboshua Wrote: Can someone give me the gist of the Voris update. My work computer self destructs if youtube is accessed.

Hes reporting the scandal is starting to be reported by the Roman press. The Vatican spokesman has side stepped the claims. The Italian police have not and the ex-priest is ratting out as many as he knows. There is another claim the homo ring have been selling Consecrated Eucharist to Satanists and the police are taking that seriously. If true this is worst than world war.

tim
Thank you and hi all btw. Medium time reader first time poster but i'll head over to the introduction thread in a tick.

So the Vatican's denying it?! :doh: :LOL: Of course. Oh well.

(06-27-2013, 08:15 PM)loggats Wrote: Just so we're clear though... suffering SSA does not make you an "enemy of God". It's a cross that God has certain people bear, through the mystery of redemptive suffering. And it's that kind of suffering for love that gives us a glimpse of inner-Trinitarian love. A man or woman who sacrifices their sexuality (which is what a person with exclusive SSA must effectively do) and lives a chaste life is worthy of all the respect we can give.

"SSA" is no worse a cross than any other Catholic's cross! Geez, I am so sick of this "I can't screw everyone in the phone book and life's unfair" crap. What about the widow? What about the secretary who has a mad crush on parishioner Bill who is dating someone else? Here's a shocker: HORNY TEENAGE GIRLS! —Are THEIR crosses, having a crush on a boy and not being able to act on it, oh so much lighter than a rainbow cross? REALLY loggats? This "my cross is heavier than yours" is a load of satanic dung that gives me the willies.

SSA, BDSM, bestiality, poly, pre-marital sex, etc are ALL pretty freaking common URGES we ALL pretty much suffer, though some apparently tend towards obsessions. This life wasn't exactly meant to be a bed of roses. People who've suffered far more than those of us with freakin "urges" include the poor, slaves, abused/raped kids, raped anyone, tortured people, unjustly imprisoned people, etc people who have been hurt. Everyone else? We get urges that we have to control OR WE ARE "an enemy of God". (And even those who've been hurt have to control unholy urges — they may truly have heavier crosses, though I still hate comparing cross weight; it's just crap.)
This whole thing is making me sick. 
(06-27-2013, 09:54 PM)StCeciliasGirl Wrote: So the Vatican's denying it?! :doh: :LOL: Of course. Oh well.

[quote='loggats' pid='1185849' dateline='1372378509']
Just so we're clear though... suffering SSA does not make you an "enemy of God". It's a cross that God has certain people bear, through the mystery of redemptive suffering. And it's that kind of suffering for love that gives us a glimpse of inner-Trinitarian love. A man or woman who sacrifices their sexuality (which is what a person with exclusive SSA must effectively do) and lives a chaste life is worthy of all the respect we can give.

"SSA" is no worse a cross than any other Catholic's cross! Geez, I am so sick of this "I can't screw everyone in the phone book and life's unfair" crap. What about the widow? What about the secretary who has a mad crush on parishioner Bill who is dating someone else? Here's a shocker: HORNY TEENAGE GIRLS! —Are THEIR crosses, having a crush on a boy and not being able to act on it, oh so much lighter than a rainbow cross? REALLY loggats? This "my cross is heavier than yours" is a load of satanic dung that gives me the willies.

SSA, BDSM, bestiality, poly, pre-marital sex, etc are ALL pretty freaking common URGES we ALL pretty much suffer, though some apparently tend towards obsessions. This life wasn't exactly meant to be a bed of roses. People who've suffered far more than those of us with freakin "urges" include the poor, slaves, abused/raped kids, raped anyone, tortured people, unjustly imprisoned people, etc people who have been hurt. Everyone else? We get urges that we have to control OR WE ARE "an enemy of God". (And even those who've been hurt have to control unholy urges — they may truly have heavier crosses, though I still hate comparing cross weight; it's just crap.)
[/quote

Nobody's saying that at all. Read before you start typing tripe.
(06-27-2013, 09:36 PM)Tim Wrote:
(06-27-2013, 09:28 PM)Tarboshua Wrote: Can someone give me the gist of the Voris update. My work computer self destructs if youtube is accessed.

Hes reporting the scandal is starting to be reported by the Roman press. The Vatican spokesman has side stepped the claims. The Italian police have not and the ex-priest is ratting out as many as he knows. There is another claim the homo ring have been selling Consecrated Eucharist to Satanists and the police are taking that seriously. If true this is worst than world war.

Tim

I agree Tim, and i beleive it all comes full circle back to Fatima. As pope Benedict stated himself, he who thinks Fatima is an event of the past deceives himself.  Perhaps I an thinking this over too much, but at a high level, I cannot help but see a diabolical intelligence throughout this. Destroy the moral high ground of the church and have it implode from within  at a time when marriage is being redefined by the courts, when abortion is a global pandemic, and the faithful leave by the carload.  all the while, the global superpowers quietly position themselves in a new proxy war being played out in Syria.