June 25 - Supposed "Emergency" Meeting of the Roman Curia
(06-28-2013, 03:44 PM)JoniCath Wrote:
(06-25-2013, 11:04 PM)Juanthetuba Wrote: So any updates? Seems the only thing we got to go on is the Voris vid.

AND the dosier given to Pope Benedict, AND his sudden abdication leaving the contents of the dossier to a younger man AND the arrest of a monsignor smuggling 26 MILLION dollars into the U.S.AND the discovery of a homosexual Catholic priest message forum. There's more, but if you can't see that this is BIG, it's hopeless to go on.

Wtf is your problem, lol I was asking for any updates regarding the meeting, because I couldn't find any. Yes, I know about those things. But you know there can be emergency meetings about any numerous things going on in Rome and the Church. And when did I say this thing wasn't "BIG"(whatever that means), in fact, one could say that by the very act of me asking I had judged it to be of some importance, but if you can't  take those things into consideration, then it's opeless to go on.

:eyeroll:

Ffs, are some of you on pms 24/7?  :LOL:
(06-29-2013, 07:43 AM)AxxeArp Wrote: well, back to the original topic.   Its now 4 days since this "breaking" news" and still nothing in the mainstream media.  it Looks like Michael Voris is floating to the top of my "untrustworthy news sources" list.   Weekly World Report looks more credible than him right now  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Voris is always light on substance anyway and heavy on the rah rah rah and the  :blah: :blah: :blah:

Yeah, my trust in Voris went down after this.
(06-29-2013, 12:43 PM)Juanthetuba Wrote:
(06-29-2013, 07:43 AM)AxxeArp Wrote: well, back to the original topic.   Its now 4 days since this "breaking" news" and still nothing in the mainstream media.  it Looks like Michael Voris is floating to the top of my "untrustworthy news sources" list.   Weekly World Report looks more credible than him right now  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Voris is always light on substance anyway and heavy on the rah rah rah and the  :blah: :blah: :blah:

My trust started to crumble after I saw his "Global Warming" Report.
My wife is a producer at a major news network, and says that the story is completely unsubstantiated, which is why her network did not run the story.  There were some people in her department who wanted to run it, but it was deemed too fishy.  Why would anyone trust the words of a pedophile?
(06-29-2013, 10:50 PM)Chestertonian Wrote: My wife is a producer at a major news network, and says that the story is completely unsubstantiated, which is why her network did not run the story.  There were some people in her department who wanted to run it, but it was deemed too fishy.  Why would anyone trust the words of a pedophile?

Cause they're all in it together? (Or so the story goes; which I believe).

I had a list of links in Italian (am having a sickness and was bored...); I still think the guy wouldn't have risked more jail time to make something like this up. That train station is the pits; you can imagine something like that happening there.

Anyway, what was Voris' video on global warming? (I miss about a billion videos :LOL: ) If you don't mind me asking?

He seems okay to me; his hair is irksome. Um, happy solemnity of Sts P&P a day late!  :)
If this turns out to be false, I shall be both joyful and relieved.

Quote: I still think the guy wouldn't have risked more jail time to make something like this up.
..... Good point. Well, I hope it turns out false anyway. The last thing we need is a scandal like that hitting everywhere. A few wicked men is one thing, but a gay/child prostitution ring, with bishops and Vatican prelates involved? Saints preserve us :{

I find Voris to be a bit bombastic in his editorializing, but his reporting on this seems to have been spot on.  His sources were telling him exactly what the disgraced priest was telling the police.  That the accusations from the priest later turned out to be false does not mean that Voris' reporting was wrong.  He was hearing the exact same thing the police were hearing.  It is the priest who appears to have been making things up, not Voris. 
(06-30-2013, 01:33 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote:

I find Voris to be a bit bombastic in his editorializing, but his reporting on this seems to have been spot on.  His sources were telling him exactly what the disgraced priest was telling the police.  That the accusations from the priest later turned out to be false does not mean that Voris' reporting was wrong.  He was hearing the exact same thing the police were hearing.  It is the priest who appears to have been making things up, not Voris. 

The relish with which he presents tawdry bits of news/gossip that fit into his agenda (rather than making an effort to approach facts as objectively as possible) is a problem.
Jimmy Akin has written a piece regarding this subject.   By what has been uncovered so far,  this appears to be a case of an embittered former priest lashing out because he was refused to be reinstated to the priesthood and that his accusations are all lies.   There is something even more sinister about this case that if true tends to confirm that the man has no credibility at all.  As Mr. Akins says, the best thing we should all do is take a wait an see position.

Quote:7. Is there more?

According to some Italian press accounts, yes.

According to Corriere della Sera, a wiretap of Poggi and his mother revealed him saying that he wanted to kill certain priests and bishops (Google translation):

. . . to the point that if he had the financial resources they would "get killed and they would not even know why."

8. Is there a broader lesson to be learned from this?

There seem to be several that can be learned:

It is well known that the Italian press is rumor-driven and often contains inaccurate information (even more than the American press). Consequently, one should not disturb the peace of others by rushing to repeat sensationalistic rumors before the facts are clear (particularly in a form where the details are so vague that people cannot check up on the situation for themselves and make their own judgments).
Even now, the facts are not entirely clear. Poggi has apparently been arrested, but he has not yet been convicted. Since the charges he made have now been broadcast in the English-language blogosphere, it’s important to note the subsequent developments as well.
We shouldn’t be too quick to take the word of a convicted felon who applies for reinstatement and who then starts making highly inflammatory and, in fact, criminal allegations that reflect on the people that didn’t reinstate him. That conjunction of facts alone should make us take a “wait and see” attitude.

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-aki...z2XivsHXPV

Thanks for the link to Akin. I'm not sure why he doesn't float my boat, but I responded (it'll be deleted, so I'll copy it here):

Quote:• Why was there an emergency meeting this past week, then?

• Immediately followed by Agostino Card. Vallini canned quick response to the allegations as being all lies. What, no investigation? Just a quick, “it’s all a lie; God will punish him” (paraphrased.)

• And the allegations of a paedo ring coming to light just weeks after the Pope admitted there was a gay lobby in the Vatican.

• Finally, why would a guy who JUST got out of prison for 5 yrs put himself in jeopardy to get more time served if it was all made up out of the blue? So he got out of jail, didn’t get his job back, and THOUGH HE HAD REAL SOURCES (since he was in jail for it anyway) just made up a bunch of lies KNOWING any investigation would be thorough (or worse, shut down; that’s what MAFIAs do!)

• So there’s a gay lobby (the Pope said so), but Poggi “framed” the wrong one?

Does that make sense to ANYONE? How many gay lobbies are there?

God gave us brains; let’s use them.

I'm not saying Poggi isn't a terrible person (he clearly is: child molester); he's probably completely untrustworthy. But the ONLY thing in the Vatican's favor with Poggi is that if Poggi was in a "gay mafia", he'd know not to rat them out. (I got that from the Sopranos :LOL:  —my mafia source! I really need to read a Jimmy Hoffa book or something; watch The Godfather again.) But otherwise, my complaint against Voris is only two things:

• his hair. Please, pull the wig off; it's gay!

• the secret meeting part is interesting; linking it to the Poggi allegations from March (?) MIGHT HAVE BEEN a stretch ...except Vallini's response was far too quick for the Vatican, esp a Vatican that is supposedly cracking down hard on gay paedos and hopefully on gay anything in the clergy. I can see why Voris would make the link, and it takes cajones to do it, but the emergency meeting might have been about something like (1) Syria, (2) WW3 with Obama supporting the wrong side again and Putin/China facing him down... if that secret meeting was about Poggi, it would be RADICALLY BAD for the Vatican (since the outcome was "deny deny deny"), but it's entirely plausible the Pope is trying to intervene in diplomatic matters in Syria/Iran (something I'm personally worried about, as well). Or maybe even Snowden can punch up Vatican communiques that would make Poggi's revelations (real of false) look like playground material. Voris might have underscored that the meeting could have had other purposes.

The hair thing is the worst; he better start shooting testosterone and quit the Hair Club for Men — that's the worst of it. I'm glad SOMEONE'S trying to connect some dots; and Akin just bothers me in that "there's no crisis in the Church", "Dolan-"sort of way. Something with him just doesn't sit right with me. Maybe I should join his secret email club. :LOL: