June 25 - Supposed "Emergency" Meeting of the Roman Curia
The SSPX-SO has taken the Vatican and installed +Willimason as pope !

(06-26-2013, 04:03 AM)Whitey Wrote: The SSPX-SO has taken the Vatican and installed +Willimason as pope !

That sounds horrific.

So, any more concrete news? This online version of Roman-Chinese whispers doesn't help my nerves.
(06-26-2013, 04:52 AM)loggats Wrote:
(06-26-2013, 04:03 AM)Whitey Wrote: The SSPX-SO has taken the Vatican and installed +Willimason as pope !

That sounds horrific.

So, any more concrete news? This online version of Roman-Chinese whispers doesn't help my nerves.

Concrete news ?

You're not very hard to please are you ? Not a single Catholic News agency has reported anything on it and you accept Voris as " concrete news " ?

I trust Voris more than any so called Catholic New Outlet. He isn't blowing smoke, unless the Cardinals' aides are using misdirection, which would be s.o.p. for them.
The time was very late in Roma,so what was the emergency ?  This is the question. The possibilities could be more than our imaginations can dream. Yes, this will be an anxious day. Our Lady of Fatima pray for us.

tim
(06-25-2013, 10:14 PM)Lateran15 Wrote: The CAF thread on this topic had been closed, pending review of TC.

And I believe I got mentioned!  :P

Most Catholic topics get closed on CAF.

All I would do is say a prayer for the Pope and the Cardinals, maybe this will be absolutely groundbreaking.
(06-26-2013, 05:00 AM)Whitey Wrote:
(06-26-2013, 04:52 AM)loggats Wrote:

That sounds horrific.

Concrete news ?

You're not very hard to please are you ? Not a single Catholic News agency has reported anything on it and you accept Voris as " concrete news " ?

"Is there any news that is more concrete". I'm not a great fan of Voris and his tornado gossip.
I went searching and found this. It's not directly related but may have bearing.

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) – A last-minute no-show by Pope Francis at a concert where he was to have been the guest of honour has sent another clear signal that he is going to do things his way and does not like the Vatican high life.

The gala classical concert on Saturday was scheduled before his election in March. But the white papal armchair set up in the presumption that he would be there remained empty.

Here's the rest;

http://www.firstpost.com/world/pope-snub...02453.html

After the facts are told the writer spins the story. As if Pope Francis is a neophyte and really doesn't understand the way the Curia does things in Roma.

tim
BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23063255

(quoted abstract below)

Pope Francis sets up commission to review Vatican bank

A commission of inquiry has been set up by Pope Francis to review the activities of the Vatican bank, following recent scandals.

Earlier this month, he named a trusted cleric to oversee the management of the bank, which is known officially as the Institute for Religious Works.

The institution, one of the world's most secretive banks, has been beset by allegations of money-laundering.

It has 114 employees and $7.1bn (£4.6bn; 5.4bn euros) of assets.

The new commission is tasked with ensuring the bank operates in "harmony" with the mission of the Church.

It is made up of Mary Ann Glendon, a Harvard law professor, and four senior clerics: Italian cardinal Raffaele Farina, French cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran, Spanish bishop Juan Ignacio Arrieta Ochoa de Chinchetru and US cleric Monsignor Peter Bryan Wells.

On 15 June, the Pope appointed Monsignor Battista Mario Salvatore Ricca as the bank's interim prelate - effectively his representative at the institution.

In February, German lawyer Ernst von Freyberg was named the bank's new chairman, eight months after his predecessor was ousted amid a money-laundering inquiry.

His appointment was one of the last acts of Pope Francis's predecessor, Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI.

Mr von Freyberg set about instituting checks on the bank's 19,000 accounts, which are mostly held by Vatican employees, charities, priests and nuns.
(06-26-2013, 09:52 AM)Lateran15 Wrote: BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23063255

(quoted abstract below)

Pope Francis sets up commission to review Vatican bank

A commission of inquiry has been set up by Pope Francis to review the activities of the Vatican bank, following recent scandals.

Earlier this month, he named a trusted cleric to oversee the management of the bank, which is known officially as the Institute for Religious Works.

The institution, one of the world's most secretive banks, has been beset by allegations of money-laundering.

It has 114 employees and $7.1bn (£4.6bn; 5.4bn euros) of assets.

The new commission is tasked with ensuring the bank operates in "harmony" with the mission of the Church.

It is made up of Mary Ann Glendon, a Harvard law professor, and four senior clerics: Italian cardinal Raffaele Farina, French cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran, Spanish bishop Juan Ignacio Arrieta Ochoa de Chinchetru and US cleric Monsignor Peter Bryan Wells.

On 15 June, the Pope appointed Monsignor Battista Mario Salvatore Ricca as the bank's interim prelate - effectively his representative at the institution.

In February, German lawyer Ernst von Freyberg was named the bank's new chairman, eight months after his predecessor was ousted amid a money-laundering inquiry.

His appointment was one of the last acts of Pope Francis's predecessor, Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI.

Mr von Freyberg set about instituting checks on the bank's 19,000 accounts, which are mostly held by Vatican employees, charities, priests and nuns.

This is good but...not really like WOW.
I doubt the "bank" was the reason for the emergency meeting. There is a bright spot in that though and it's Mary Ann Glendon. She was the driver behind the investigation of the "sex scandal" here. She's no push over, and if Pope Francis is four square behind her, the Bank will be fixed.

tim