The Defense of Marriage Act is ruled unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court
(06-26-2013, 01:47 PM)romanaround Wrote: The logical outcome of religious liberty. Ironic isn't it?

If society does not acknowledge the true Church, more or less anything goes just as long as it doesn't hurt anybody else.

Or as long as the people it hurts can't defend themselves.
Man **** this ****. I was really hoping for some morality to be preserved in this country before my contract is up, but at this rate I'll sooner achieve martyrdom.
A sad tragic day. The inmates are running the asylum. One step closer to Divine Justice being  unleashed. For my part, I will verbally object whenever the topic comes up, and point out what the bible says about this. Point out that my allegiance is with the laws of God.
(06-26-2013, 03:35 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: A sad tragic day. The inmates are running the asylum. One step closer to Divine Justice being  unleashed. For my part, I will verbally object whenever the topic comes up, and point out what the bible says about this. Point out that my allegiance is with the laws of God.

Can I assume you do the same whenever someone mentions divorce?
I was worried that there would be a ruling that ALL U.S. states have to grant and accept same-sex marriage. At least that didn't happen. It's not federally mandated yet, anyway.

But I don't think that what's happened in California would have even occurred if Society in general hadn't accepted other things before it, such as fornication outside of marriage (which is considerd the norm, now), or co-habitation, divorce, or contraception, abortion, or having children out-of-wedlock. If these things had not become acceptable first, then same-sex marriage probably would not become acceptable either.
(06-26-2013, 03:40 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote:
(06-26-2013, 03:35 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: A sad tragic day. The inmates are running the asylum. One step closer to Divine Justice being  unleashed. For my part, I will verbally object whenever the topic comes up, and point out what the bible says about this. Point out that my allegiance is with the laws of God.

Although divorce is one of the biggest steps we took towards the destruction of western civilization and the sanctity of marriage. Sodomy is worse. It is one of the unnatural vices and one of the sins that cry out to heaven.
The thing that I love most about this is the fact that California residents voted against gay marriage and a very small minority went to higher *powers* to violate the rights of the California majority. Wonderful.

Are you in favor of same-sex marriage?
(06-26-2013, 03:57 PM)Meg Wrote:

No. I'm in favor of consistency.
(06-26-2013, 03:59 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote:
(06-26-2013, 03:57 PM)Meg Wrote:

No. I'm in favor of consistency.

Why are you in favor of consistency for this particular subject?