The Defense of Marriage Act is ruled unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court
I agree -- traditional marriage in the secular sphere has been dead ever since the common acceptance of no-fault divorce and contraception.

What we have here with gay "marriage" is the further dragging of it through the mud. Basically making it even more harder for us as a society to get back to what God had intended this institution to be.

(06-26-2013, 04:49 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: I'm confused. There is a transgendered person here? If yes then I am sincerely interested in hearing how this person is able to uphold the Catholic faith. Maybe there should be a separate thread for this? or maybe it is so simple that it can be summed up in a few words.

Anyway...since we have a lawyer here do you think I can get a short explanation on how it is possible that the majority of California voted against gay marriage, yet the small population of supporters was able to get it overturned? Does this not violate the rights of the state majority that voted against same sex marriage?

Thanks!

there were at least three 25 page threads that ended up bannning several people, causing others to leave, and bringing up gnostic heresy
I must point out the truth. I am not singling out or making this personal to anyone, nor am I trying to derail this thread.

However, there is much potential here for viewers of this thread to be seriously misled. There is no such reality of a human being that is a "transman" or a "transwoman".  This is a false belief held in a person's mind. It is a disorder. We are all created with a male or female sex. There is no third "gender". It is not cruel, discriminatory, or mocking to hold to the truth. In fact, as Catholics we have the duty to live with the truth. Please review the National Catholic Bioethics Center's article on gender identity disorders for anyone confused about this basic Catholic truth - that God created us male or female.

If speaking this truth then gets me chastised, then so be it. The truth has to take precedence over ideology or we are living in the abyss.
(06-26-2013, 07:10 PM)FaithfulCatholic Wrote: I must point out the truth. I am not singling out or making this personal to anyone, nor am I trying to derail this thread.

So what are your views on today's Supreme Court decisions, Faithful Catholic?
(06-26-2013, 06:02 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: Allowing divorce is the bigger problem and is what  reformulated the definition of marriage from a lifelong Sacrament for the purpose of procreation (God-willing) to two people living together until they don't want to any longer, children having nothing to do with it. If the latter is the accepted definition of "marriage," then gay "marriage" makes "sense."  My bigger point is that "marriage" is already dead and has been dead for years.

This! Marriage is nothing more than butterflies these days and butterflies die eventually. People do not see the life long God created bond between a man and woman as sacred. I've seen multiple articles on Yahoo news that claim "non-monogamy" is going to save marriage because people get sexually bored with each other after awhile. The wording itself subjugates marriage as nothing more than a hormonal high. It's a shame that people are constantly looking at human beings to see how low they can set the bar instead of how high.

Next they will work on incest and multi-partner marriage. Most liberal states already allow you to marry your first cousin. One gay rights activist already said multi-partner marriages are "next logical step" (http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/gay-marriage-...ical-step/). Oh well, God save us from ourselves!
(06-26-2013, 10:36 AM)Canisius12 Wrote:
(06-26-2013, 10:22 AM)Clare Brigid Wrote: It means that the federal government of the United States, in all its laws and regulations, must treat as married those people of the same sex who have married in states that allow it.  That includes, for example, immigration laws and tax laws.

The march of immorality continues, soon they will outlaw virtue,, just waiting for the direct confrontation with the sodomites...God forgive I hate all of them and what they have done to Church and culture as a whole.....

God doesn't forgive unrepentant hatred.
(06-26-2013, 07:10 PM)FaithfulCatholic Wrote: I must point out the truth. I am not singling out or making this personal to anyone, nor am I trying to derail this thread.

However, there is much potential here for viewers of this thread to be seriously misled. There is no such reality of a human being that is a "transman" or a "transwoman".  This is a false belief held in a person's mind. It is a disorder. We are all created with a male or female sex. There is no third "gender". It is not cruel, discriminatory, or mocking to hold to the truth. In fact, as Catholics we have the duty to live with the truth. Please review the National Catholic Bioethics Center's article on gender identity disorders for anyone confused about this basic Catholic truth - that God created us male or female.

If speaking this truth then gets me chastised, then so be it. The truth has to take precedence over ideology or we are living in the abyss.

This is the truth
(06-26-2013, 07:33 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(06-26-2013, 10:36 AM)Canisius12 Wrote:
(06-26-2013, 10:22 AM)Clare Brigid Wrote: It means that the federal government of the United States, in all its laws and regulations, must treat as married those people of the same sex who have married in states that allow it.  That includes, for example, immigration laws and tax laws.

The march of immorality continues, soon they will outlaw virtue,, just waiting for the direct confrontation with the sodomites...God forgive I hate all of them and what they have done to Church and culture as a whole.....

God doesn't forgive unrepentant hatred.

in fact, if one truly were to hate them, one would lead them in there state and let them be damned, but it is the Catholic's duty to love them and make them depart from their ways, and be saved.
(06-26-2013, 03:52 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: The thing that I love most about this is the fact that California residents voted against gay marriage and a very small minority went to higher *powers* to violate the rights of the California majority. Wonderful.

The rights of the california majority were not violated.  One can disagree with this all one wants, but the majority has no right to impose their worldview on the minority.  This is a republic, not a democracy.
The first cut in the death of marriage by a thousand cuts was the marketing of the first "safe" contraceptive pill Enovid-E. No fault divorce followed because it was then needed, followed by abortion,and on and on.

tim.