The Defense of Marriage Act is ruled unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court

Whatever I said here, forget it.  Goin' on a Catholic forum break.

Take care.
Don't think it's been mentioned, but divorce is not sodomy, nor for a minute do I think that divorce has 'led to' it. Divorce was allowed by God in the Old Law. Not so Sodomy: fire and brimstone were God's perspective as I recollect.

No, abortion, usury, sodomy: those are crimes of similar standing. Please, let's not be more confused than we are. Sodomite "marriage" is a whole new level of outrage that is directly contrary to nature, a crime against God.

Sodomy isn't natural in any way, not a "natural" progression of divorce. You can find divorce in all kinds of ancient societies. Good luck finding a precedent for sodomite "marriage."
(06-28-2013, 03:54 PM)pervago Wrote: Don't think it's been mentioned, but divorce is not sodomy, nor for a minute do I think that divorce has 'led to' it. Divorce was allowed by God in the Old Law. Not so Sodomy: fire and brimstone were God's perspective as I recollect.

No, abortion, usury, sodomy: those are crimes of similar standing. Please, let's not be more confused than we are. Sodomite "marriage" is a whole new level of outrage that is directly contrary to nature, a crime against God.

Sodomy isn't natural in any way, not a "natural" progression of divorce. You can find divorce in all kinds of ancient societies. Good luck finding a precedent for sodomite "marriage."

What do you mean by "sodomy"? If you mean anal sex, lots of active homosexuals don't go there.
(06-28-2013, 04:04 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(06-28-2013, 03:54 PM)pervago Wrote: Don't think it's been mentioned, but divorce is not sodomy, nor for a minute do I think that divorce has 'led to' it. Divorce was allowed by God in the Old Law. Not so Sodomy: fire and brimstone were God's perspective as I recollect.

What do you mean by "sodomy"? If you mean anal sex, lots of active homosexuals don't go there.

I've read as much as I want to on sodomy and sodomites in the literature of the last 2500 years. I don't want to know any more. thanks.

I'm responding, in brief, to numerous assertions on the forum, that the acceptance of sodomy and what I call sodomite "marriage" was caused by no-fault divorce. This argument has been twirling on the air waves for several years, and I too used to think there was something to it. I don't think so no more, primarily because ancient cultures had divorce, they sometimes had pervasive sodomy too, like what St. John Chrysostom called the Greek sin and is discussed in Plato's Symposium. They never had sodomite marriage. The cause of sodomy in a society is not divorce (unless as a more remote cause). St Chrysostom says that the cause is that men have transgressed God's laws and in their pride presume to deny what is evident to reason (cf. his commentary on Romans): because of men's hybris, God allows them to become worse than beasts. It's a very worthwhile read and can be downloaded (though the only translation I have found is by Protestants).
I'd say divorce is less of an issue than contraception.  And near as I can figure it, contracepting heterosexual couples are as much sodomites as homosexuals.  And there really is a logical progression from contracepting couples getting married with an agreement to never have children being socially acceptable to homosexual affairs being legitimized as "marriage."
I don't really care what causes what, I only care that we aggressively fight against all that is evil.

Let me at 'em!  :twoguns: :twoguns: :twoguns:  :twoguns: :twoguns::twoguns:    :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: