Cynical Predictions
NOTE: I wrote this list on January 28, 2013, several days after my January-term class. For some reason, I was depressed about something and I decided to vent by simply writing out what I though the future might hold in the social, political and global aspects of the United States. Given the recent Supreme Court ruling and the fact that I like to speculate on the most thought-provoking "what-ifs", I thought it might be of good exercise to discuss the plausibility of these events.

DISCLAMER: I DO NOT CLAIM TO SEE THE FUTURE  :P

2017 or 2020- Legalization of Same-Sex Marriage in all of America

2020-Death of Pope Benedict XVI, his successor will be hostile to the TLM (Well, I guess I was wrong about that. Haha)

2018 or 2019- Second American Civil War

2025- Prepubescent children forced to learn about sex, in relation to LGBT topics
        - American Bishops Jailed for teaching about the Catholic Faith (aka. "Gay marriage is wrong")

2030- The Case for Polyamorous Marriage grows

2035- WWIII starts

2045- Consensual Incest legalized, animals legalized as persons

2050- Colonization of Mars begins

2060- Most of geopolitical landscape is unrecognizable

2070- Mars gains Independence from Earth
We ought to create a Catholic colony on a planet like in Orson Scott Card's book "Speaker for the Dead".  :grin:
(06-26-2013, 11:26 AM)RedCaves Wrote: NOTE: I wrote this list on January 28, 2013, several days after my January-term class. For some reason, I was depressed about something and I decided to vent by simply writing out what I though the future might hold in the social, political and global aspects of the United States. Given the recent Supreme Court ruling and the fact that I like to speculate on the most thought-provoking "what-ifs", I thought it might be of good exercise to discuss the plausibility of these events.

2020-Death of Pope Benedict XVI, his successor will be hostile to the TLM (Well, I guess I was wrong about that. Haha)

2025- Prepubescent children forced to learn about sex, in relation to LGBT topics
        - American Bishops Jailed for teaching about the Catholic Faith (aka. "Gay marriage is wrong")

2035- WWIII starts

I would like to add my predictions:

2018 - Schism in the Church as Pope Francis makes ambiguous and scandalous teachings appear official (ie birth control may not always be sinful, etc.)

2020 - traditional Catholics are thrown under the bus by the Official Catholic Church and governments begin to harass them with legal suits etc.
(06-26-2013, 11:56 AM)winoblue1 Wrote:
(06-26-2013, 11:26 AM)RedCaves Wrote: NOTE: I wrote this list on January 28, 2013, several days after my January-term class. For some reason, I was depressed about something and I decided to vent by simply writing out what I though the future might hold in the social, political and global aspects of the United States. Given the recent Supreme Court ruling and the fact that I like to speculate on the most thought-provoking "what-ifs", I thought it might be of good exercise to discuss the plausibility of these events.

2035- WWIII starts

I would like to add my predictions:

2018 - Schism in the Church as Pope Francis makes ambiguous and scandalous teachings appear official (ie birth control may not always be sinful, etc.)

2020 - traditional Catholics are thrown under the bus by the Official Catholic Church and governments begin to harass them with legal suits etc.

Tells us how you really feel? :grin:
(06-26-2013, 11:26 AM)RedCaves Wrote: 2045-  animals legalized as persons

I don't think we're that far away from great apes being redefined as persons.
(06-26-2013, 11:26 AM)RedCaves Wrote: 2025- Prepubescent children forced to learn about sex, in relation to LGBT topics

I'm pretty sure this is already happening. In the news there was a 6 year old kid who announced that he was transgendered. It's absolutely sickening. Things are going to get a lot worse.

Kyrie Eleison!  :pray2:
Here's a Eurocentric version with a shorter timescale:

2014 - Marriage redefined in North America and the European Union to include unnatural unions.
2015 - Catholic and Evangelical churches burnt down for refusing to bless same-sex weddings.
2016 - First priests and evangelical pastors arrested for the same reason.
2017 - Pope X celebrates the 500th anniversary of the Reformation in Wittenberg
2018 - The Society of St Pius X chapels overtake diocesan chapels in Europe in Mass attendance.
2019 - Pope X declares the SSPX "in schism" after it refuses to sign a statement declaring that the Jewish covenant was not revoked. The Good Friday Prayer added by Pope Benedict XVI is removed from diocesan Latin Masses and replaced with Prayer from the Pauline Missal.
2020 - French and German Governments declare the SSPX unlawful and shut all Society chapels. Hotels start to make money from renting conference rooms to Catholics for Masses.
2021 - French Bishops declare that the Vatican has not gone far enough in "living the message of Nostra Aetate" and declare their intention to form a "European Confederation of Catholics (ECC)" with the support of the Council of Europe.
2022 - All mention of Sacrifice is removed from the Eucharistic liturgy of the ECC. First women priests ordained in the ECC. Lone Catholic responsible for the bombing of the European Parliament. Reprisals. The EU demands that the Vatican sign the same protocol of the ECC.
2023 - Hotels no longer allow the use of conference rooms for "sacramental use" by Catholics. Summorum Pontificum "abrogated" by Vatican as a "failed experiment".
2024 - Catholics who do not attend Masses sanctioned by the ECC must register their movements on government websites. Talks commence between the Vatican and ECC.
2025 - Agreement between Vatican and ECC. All Catholics must declare their assent to the "binding" teachings of Lumen Gentium, Dignitatis Humanae, and Nostra Aetate.
2026 - Vatican issues new version of the Gospel of St John stripped of all "historically-determined and negative representations of Jews".
2027 - Council of Europe and NAFTA accuse Pope X of failing to control Catholics who are still reading the "anti-Semitic version" of the Gospel of St John and attending "non-Catholic [i.e. traditional] Masses".
2028 - 98% of European bishops sign a letter of condemnation of the Pope who is restricted in his movements to the Vatican City.
2029 - European army invades Vatican City. Catholics begin to be executed for non-approved liturgies and for failing to declare their allegiance to the Council of Europe. Shortly before his arrest, the Holy Father re-reads the Third Secret of Fatima in its entirety...
I think same sex "marriage" will be the law of the land in a year or two without a shred of doubt. Also, rather than American bishops being jailed for teaching the faith i predict that most will scramble to reconcile homosexual marriage with the Catholic faith and will  simply "go along to get along". I would also agree with the idea that consensual incest will become legalized. Come on now, there is no god,no truth and no nothing except the arbitrary will of  whoever happens to be in power. The bright side is that there will always be men who keep the Faith in their hearts come hell or high water. This culture is a cesspit but we do not have to let it wreck our Faith, Hope or Charity.
(06-26-2013, 12:47 PM)Scotus Wrote: Here's a Eurocentric version with a shorter timescale:

2014 - Marriage redefined in North America and the European Union to include unnatural unions.
2015 - Catholic and Evangelical churches burnt down for refusing to bless same-sex weddings.
2016 - First priests and evangelical pastors arrested for the same reason.
2017 - Pope X celebrates the 500th anniversary of the Reformation in Wittenberg
2018 - The Society of St Pius X chapels overtake diocesan chapels in Europe in Mass attendance.
2019 - Pope X declares the SSPX "in schism" after it refuses to sign a statement declaring that the Jewish covenant was not revoked. The Good Friday Prayer added by Pope Benedict XVI is removed from diocesan Latin Masses and replaced with Prayer from the Pauline Missal.
2020 - French and German Governments declare the SSPX unlawful and shut all Society chapels. Hotels start to make money from renting conference rooms to Catholics for Masses.
2021 - French Bishops declare that the Vatican has not gone far enough in "living the message of Nostra Aetate" and declare their intention to form a "European Confederation of Catholics (ECC)" with the support of the Council of Europe.
2022 - All mention of Sacrifice is removed from the Eucharistic liturgy of the ECC. First women priests ordained in the ECC. Lone Catholic responsible for the bombing of the European Parliament. Reprisals. The EU demands that the Vatican sign the same protocol of the ECC.
2023 - Hotels no longer allow the use of conference rooms for "sacramental use" by Catholics. Summorum Pontificum "abrogated" by Vatican as a "failed experiment".
2024 - Catholics who do not attend Masses sanctioned by the ECC must register their movements on government websites. Talks commence between the Vatican and ECC.
2025 - Agreement between Vatican and ECC. All Catholics must declare their assent to the "binding" teachings of Lumen Gentium, Dignitatis Humanae, and Nostra Aetate.
2026 - Vatican issues new version of the Gospel of St John stripped of all "historically-determined and negative representations of Jews".
2027 - Council of Europe and NAFTA accuse Pope X of failing to control Catholics who are still reading the "anti-Semitic version" of the Gospel of St John and attending "non-Catholic [i.e. traditional] Masses".
2028 - 98% of European bishops sign a letter of condemnation of the Pope who is restricted in his movements to the Vatican City.
2029 - European army invades Vatican City. Catholics begin to be executed for non-approved liturgies and for failing to declare their allegiance to the Council of Europe. Shortly before his arrest, the Holy Father re-reads the Third Secret of Fatima in its entirety...

Yeah I was going to say, the TC's list is too optimistic with timing.  :LOL:  Much will be here before we know it.
(06-26-2013, 11:26 AM)RedCaves Wrote: 2018 or 2019- Second American Civil War

Who would fight the federal government?