Romanian Byzantine Catholics?
To make a long story short: I got to know an Eastern Rite Catholic girl and her family when I was at college. She and her family live in Iowa and have a big family (she's the third of 14 kids this year). Other than the fact that I was surprised and excited to find an Eastern Catholic family in a "catholic" atmosphere that I like to call "The Desert", She told me that her entire family decided to be Byzantines in the Romanian Tradition. Do any Easterners or others know about this peculiar Rite?
It is the smallest rite in the US with its own hierarchy - 14 parishes.  The Romanian form of the Byzantine rite is a cross between the Greek and Slavic form, when not latinized that is.
Ah, Eastern Catholicism. So beautiful.
(06-26-2013, 11:52 PM)Farmer88 Wrote: Ah, Eastern Catholicism. So beautiful.

Yeah, they had icons all over their house. They let me borrow two books. One about Byzantine saints and the other about Mt. Athos

Cutest kids I ever met, too. One of them knocked the wind out of me!
Mount Athos is unbelievable. If there was anything that could convince me to go Orthodox, it would probably be the writings of the monks from there. So unbelievably holy. That plus it's like going back to the year 1200 when you go, due to their use of ancient methods of time keeping, among other strange yet fascinating things.
Farmer, you have been to Athos? I would like to go one day.

(06-27-2013, 10:33 AM)Farmer88 Wrote: Mount Athos is unbelievable. If there was anything that could convince me to go Orthodox, it would probably be the writings of the monks from there. So unbelievably holy. That plus it's like going back to the year 1200 when you go, due to their use of ancient methods of time keeping, among other strange yet fascinating things.
(06-27-2013, 11:06 AM)demoslider Wrote: Farmer, you have been to Athos? I would like to go one day.

Haha, I wish I had. I've seen photos and watched some videos and such.