Declaration on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the episcopal consecratio
Save by a miracle, the SSPX are done for. They're on a short route to sedevacantism and open heresy. It seems clear to me that they will never back down on their assertion that the documents of Vatican II teach heresy, just as the Magisterium insists it does not. They reject the Ecumenical Council, just as the Old Catholics rejected Vatican I, the Nestorians the Nicene Council, etc.

And all this talk of them being "in the Church" is silly. They are in the Church in name only; The Church hasn't cast them out for the same reason She hasn't cast out Hans Kung - preferring gentleness to harsh clarity. Whether this is imprudent or not is for Her to decide. But in a few years, the SSPX bishops will age, and they will consecrate more bishops. And that will bring down the hammer. When that time comes, with whom shall we stand?
(06-29-2013, 03:55 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote: Save by a miracle, the SSPX are done for. They're on a short route to sedevacantism and open heresy. It seems clear to me that they will never back down on their assertion that the documents of Vatican II teach heresy, just as the Magisterium insists it does not. They reject the Ecumenical Council, just as the Old Catholics rejected Vatican I, the Nestorians the Nicene Council, etc.

And all this talk of them being "in the Church" is silly. They are in the Church in name only; The Church hasn't cast them out for the same reason She hasn't cast out Hans Kung - preferring gentleness to harsh clarity. Whether this is imprudent or not is for Her to decide. But in a few years, the SSPX bishops will age, and they will consecrate more bishops. And that will bring down the hammer. When that time comes, with whom shall we stand?

Who will bring down the hammer ? Some limp wristed sodomite future pope named Daphne ?
(06-29-2013, 04:07 AM)Whitey Wrote: Who will bring down the hammer ? Some limp wristed sodomite future pope named Daphne ?

At least Daphne has the hammer, given to him by Christ.
(06-29-2013, 04:10 AM)Basilios Wrote:
(06-29-2013, 04:07 AM)Whitey Wrote: Who will bring down the hammer ? Some limp wristed sodomite future pope named Daphne ?

You are ok with the Satanic Church of Sodom aren't you ?
To think a week or two ago, I'd get irritated if a sede posted here. I'm still spitting sand.
(06-29-2013, 03:55 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote: Save by a miracle, the SSPX are done for. They're on a short route to sedevacantism and open heresy. It seems clear to me that they will never back down on their assertion that the documents of Vatican II teach heresy, just as the Magisterium insists it does not. They reject the Ecumenical Council, just as the Old Catholics rejected Vatican I, the Nestorians the Nicene Council, etc.

I have to ask. Did you consider yourself in full communion with Pope BXVI ?

What you have posted is a departure from what he said about the SSPX after he lifted the excommunications.

(06-29-2013, 04:32 AM)Whitey Wrote:
(06-29-2013, 04:10 AM)Basilios Wrote:

You are ok with the Satanic Church of Sodom aren't you ?

Yes. By sticking to traditional Catholic teaching regarding papal authority, infallibility and respect, I fully endorse satanism and sodomy in the Catholic Church.

But who was logic?

It's funny because if it weren't for the leniency the SSPX so decry, they'd be excommunicated yesterday. As it stands the only reason they can still make claims about not being outside the Church is due to the types of leadership and lack of authoritative power that they claim to gain supplied jurisdiction from. Neat how that works.

Also funny that suddenly the lifting of the excommunications proves their status within the Church --- my my how things have changed. I thought the excommunications weren't valid anyway, eh?

Not that it matters what anybody in the Church says when you're a bishop or priest of the SSPX. The Church is full of modernists anyway, so if there were any decree about their status within the Church it could be swept under the carpet as the fruit of modernism.

Oh the silly games they play!

It's boring. It's harmful. It's irrational and unreasonable. 
I think you want to be a trad but are scared to be one.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0WydCdhyot4AqZTI4vvW...imKLDng0mm]
(06-29-2013, 04:52 AM)Whitey Wrote: I think you want to be a trad but are scared to be one.

I'm more traddy than any SSPXer (bishop, priest or ardent layman supporter). I am in full communion with Peter and I don't play silly games about my status within the Church. That's not traditional. And it isn't traditional to pretend the SSPX don't deserve to be called schismatics. Have you not listened to their sermons? Have you not seen the constant rebellion? Have you not seen the contempt for the Pope, for the clergy? Have you not seen them set up seminaries and ordain seminarians willy-nilly? Have you not seen them encroach upon the authority of the Ordinaries in whose diocese they invade? Have you not seen them claim supplied jurisdiction despite the fact that traditional Priests who have never and will never say the new Mass are within the same town?

Have you not seen how they refuse to be in communion with those in communion with rome - just look at how they cut off all contact when someone from their group gets regularized, they treat them as anathema.

Nothing about the SSPX's actions are traditional. It's part of the problem of modernism, not the solution. They are riding on the coat tails of the thing they hate. It's only because of leniency and modernism that they aren't stamped out. Let them spend all their time fighting the system and breaking apart. Hasn't worked since the 70's and won't start working now.