Employer Requires Flu Vaccines
I am an employee benefits administrator for a healthcare provider in southeast Michigan. Starting in the fall, and despite my utter lack of patient contact, flu inoculation will become a condition of employment.

The measure is sure to be controversial. The hospital has strongly encouraged flu shots for years, but only 59 percent of employees voluntarily comply. 

Flu shots are ineffective at best and toxic at worst. If anybody knows of a way out of this abomination, please respond to this post or PM me.
Do what we did in the Army-- get someone to give you a paper shot (fudge your records).

Or sue.
(06-29-2013, 10:26 AM)jonbhorton Wrote: Do what we did in the Army-- get someone to give you a paper shot (fudge your records).

Or sue.

I've thought of that. My brother is a physician, but he's not willing to risk his medical license to fudge for me.

I don't know that a lawsuit has a high probability of success. Most area healthcare providers have instituted mandatory flu shots without legal repercussions. My only hope is to convert to Amishism or Christian Science or something. Ugh!
Lying is never a good idea.
Neither are flu shots.
Well, there's a benefit to living in a lib state -- religious and philosophical exemptions.

Private company or government? You could say you won't do it. You know, an employer can't just make you receive a medical treatment. But then you need to think about how far you're willing to go. Are you willing to sue them for discrimination if they don't give you a reasonable accommodation?
Just call a drink your flu shot. Had a flu shot this year? Yep! *burp*

Not lying, just not answering the specific question asked.

This is pulled from My Catholic Faith via the portion on giving to a beggar vs saying you have no money to give him. You have money, just not to give him. You've had a flu shot, just not an injection of this year's model.

Cue Elvis Costello.
(06-29-2013, 09:08 AM)anamchara Wrote: Flu shots are ineffective at best and toxic at worst. If anybody knows of a way out of this abomination, please respond to this post or PM me.
The year I got the most sick was the year I did not have my flu shot.
(07-04-2013, 03:17 PM)Anastasia313 Wrote:
(06-29-2013, 09:08 AM)anamchara Wrote: Flu shots are ineffective at best and toxic at worst. If anybody knows of a way out of this abomination, please respond to this post or PM me.
The year I got the most sick was the year I did not have my flu shot.

Well, I guess that settles that then.  Of course, my anecdotal experience is just the opposite of yours...
(07-04-2013, 11:35 AM)jonbhorton Wrote: Just call a drink your flu shot. Had a flu shot this year? Yep! *burp*

Not lying, just not answering the specific question asked.

This is pulled from My Catholic Faith via the portion on giving to a beggar vs saying you have no money to give him. You have money, just not to give him. You've had a flu shot, just not an injection of this year's model.

Cue Elvis Costello.

I was going to say that being a soldier in the US Army probably requires some level of personal honor, but I remembered that it's the US Army.  Who needs honor there?