Employer Requires Flu Vaccines
Well, when you've seen dudes go from studs to duds due to being stuck with God knows what, you decide you're going to avoid their concoction filled syringes as much as possible. I do not trust the FDA, or the vaccines they approve.

I haven't had flu shots or any other vaccine in years and have never had flu, etc.

I'll gladly avoid such things and recommend all others do too.
(07-04-2013, 11:35 AM)jonbhorton Wrote: Just call a drink your flu shot. Had a flu shot this year? Yep! *burp*

Not lying, just not answering the specific question asked.

This is pulled from My Catholic Faith via the portion on giving to a beggar vs saying you have no money to give him. You have money, just not to give him. You've had a flu shot, just not an injection of this year's model.

Cue Elvis Costello.

The employer will provide the flu shots free of charge. If I claim I had the flu shot elsewhere, I will have to furnish medical documentation. Lying is not an option.
(07-04-2013, 05:24 PM)jonbhorton Wrote: Well, when you've seen dudes go from studs to duds due to being stuck with God knows what, you decide you're going to avoid their concoction filled syringes as much as possible. I do not trust the FDA, or the vaccines they approve.

I haven't had flu shots or any other vaccine in years and have never had flu, etc.

I'll gladly avoid such things and recommend all others do too.

I'm with you. I do not trust the FDA or the medical establishment in general. Not only have I not had the flu in 30 years, I haven't taken a sick day in the almost five years I've worked for my employer.
(07-04-2013, 11:28 AM)Scriptorium Wrote: Well, there's a benefit to living in a lib state -- religious and philosophical exemptions.

Private company or government? You could say you won't do it. You know, an employer can't just make you receive a medical treatment. But then you need to think about how far you're willing to go. Are you willing to sue them for discrimination if they don't give you a reasonable accommodation?

I could get a religious exemption. I don't know that monsignor will provide one for me, though. Catholicism has no objection to flu shots in principle.
It depends how you look at it. Yes, even the ones made from aborted babies are not forbidden per se. I have a philosophic objection to them. I think they're unnecessary. I think the idea that we maintain health through shots each year is asinine. I;ve never had a flu shot. The people most susceptible to being harmed from the flu are the ones who aren't supposed to get the shot. The immuno-compromised. So the ones left have strong immune systems, I guess. Either way, I think it is good we get these diseases, and that we put efforts to building up immunity through the nasal passage, and not through the muscles and blood passages. But, hey, I am not a scientist.
Little aside from Fox Biz channel. Some big biz are instituting hiring requirements to help keep this country healthy because they are Obama boys. Tose that are fat, or smoke, or don't belong to a gym, with healthy lifestyles will not be hired.It's just another way to keep the undesirable unemployed. Macchabees I think

tim
My employer just issued its Mandatory Flu Policy today:

Mandatory Vaccination Policy

As a healthcare organization dedicated to protect the health and well-being of those we serve, X Hospital is requiring the seasonal flu vaccination for all X Hospital employees and volunteers. This change in policy is based on a strong recommendation from the Center for Disease Control Prevention (CDC). Subsequent to that, dozens of healthcare associations have also come out in support of a mandatory flu immunization policy for healthcare workers.

Influenza is a highly contagious disease that can be spread before symptoms appear and results in about 150,000 hospital admissions and 24,000 deaths annually.  Hospitalized patients are particularly vulnerable to the dangers of influenza because their immune systems are often compromised by the illness that caused their admission or the treatments they are undergoing. 

In recent years, more and more hospitals and healthcare organizations have put in place policies making seasonal influenza vaccinations mandatory for employees, students and volunteers as part of their commitment to patient safety. These policies have resulted in vaccination rates above 90 percent.

While the resources needed to implement a mandatory policy are significant, especially in terms of financial and personnel, the benefits of protecting vulnerable patients and reducing employee illness and absenteeism far outweigh the cost.

To make it easier for our employees, we will be offering a vaccination clinic on September 25, 2013. Look for more information announcing additional dates and times for vaccinations over the next few months.

Exemption forms are available for those employees who cannot be immunized due to documented medical or religious reasons. The forms are located on the XWeb for your convenience.

Employees who do not get the influenza vaccine by November 30th or fail to provide acceptable documentation to Employee Health Services by November 1st may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.

X Hospital is committed to supporting our employees through this transition.  The vaccination program will greatly enhance the safety of the people we serve and hold greater regard for the health or our employees, family and patients.

To help answer any question you may have about this flu prevention program, we have attached a Frequently Asked Questions. If you have any further questions, please contact Employee Health or Infection Prevention.

Thank you for your support and cooperation in making our facility safer place to give and receive care.
Hmm ... really makes you wonder how many employee to patient transmissions there've been. They probably couldn't tell you, but they know this policy will be for the best. Oh, and the money continues for Big Pharma. Yarbles, I say. I'd see with the priest if any objection can be made on the religious front. Then you just decide if you want to do the shot or not.
United Health Services Hospitals require flu shots or you will be required to wear a surgical mask all shift.