Lost Respect or I Gotta Rant

I have to say something about the Marians.  I've written them to see if they've endorsed this, but I found out on Fr. Calloway's FB page that he's leading a pilgrimage to Medj.(sorry can't spell whole name). I thought he- and the MIC didn't endorse these "apparitions."  I respected Fr. for his conversion story, but in his book, he had said clear enough that he doesn't-or didn't -endorse these because they're not approved by the Church.  Now, he'sleading pilgrimages to the place!  What gives?  I wrote the MIC an email asking why; I my not get an answer, but I tried.  anybody want to chime in?  I'm just so disappointed that someone like him would believe in that, especially after he had written in his book that he didn't.  :O ???
Some group or individual was distributing the medj at a church I attend sometimes. I took them all and threw them in the trash. A week later they had restocked them. I emailed the priest and he didn't reply. The next time I went there they were fully stocked again. So, I tossed them in the trash. I emailed the priest again and included my original email. He apologized and assured me that he had no idea that this propaganda was in his church. He said he would take care of it and make sure the parishioners knew not to hand it out again. I haven't seen the garbage since.
I don't know who or what is MIC ? Medj. ( I can't spell it either ), isn't approved as you say and any one with a serious devotion to Our Lady,  well , no way.

tim
:cheers:MIC  Tim I believe refers to the Marians of the Immaculate Conception, a religious order of priests.
I haven't noticed any Medujorie stuff at my church.I know it hasn't been approved by the Church.
(07-09-2013, 02:48 PM)Tim Wrote: I don't know who or what is MIC ? Medj. ( I can't spell it either ), isn't approved as you say and any one with a serious devotion to Our Lady,  well , no way.

tim
Marians of the Immaculate Conception- the Shrine of the Divine Mercy
Now I understand completely. The chaplet of Divine Mercy has been hijacked to supplant the Rosary by certain forces in the Church, to obscure LaSallete, Fatima, and Akita. I like the Divine Mercy devotion and I like the older video, which was sung by the McCarthys, and even the Gospel music version, both featured on EWTN, but it has become a vehicle for some with an agenda. Medj. fits in very well, because it too is intended to do the same.

tim
Fr. Calloway believes in Medj. He has always been straight up about that.
(07-09-2013, 03:44 PM)Tim Wrote: Now I understand completely. The chaplet of Divine Mercy has been hijacked to supplant the Rosary by certain forces in the Church, to obscure LaSallete, Fatima, and Akita. I like the Divine Mercy devotion and I like the older video, which was sung by the McCarthys, and even the Gospel music version, both featured on EWTN, but it has become a vehicle for some with an agenda. Medj. fits in very well, because it too is intended to do the same.

tim

I never thought there was a conflict.  most places i have been to that pray the chaplet pray it with the rosary
(07-09-2013, 10:05 PM)dymphnaw Wrote: Fr. Calloway believes in Medj. He has always been straight up about that.

Not surprising, it played a huge factor in his conversion, the first Catholic book he read was "The Queen of Peace Visits Medjugorje", but other than that I like him he visited my diocese this past June and he gave talks at different parishes, I heard one it was very good. He has also been upfront about the fact that there are some seminaries in the US that need to be closed because of some of the "questionable" things that are taught.
(07-09-2013, 02:12 PM)AstroKitty Wrote:        I have to say something about the Marians.  I've written them to see if they've endorsed this, but I found out on Fr. Calloway's FB page that he's leading a pilgrimage to Medj.(sorry can't spell whole name). I thought he- and the MIC didn't endorse these "apparitions."  I respected Fr. for his conversion story, but in his book, he had said clear enough that he doesn't-or didn't -endorse these because they're not approved by the Church.  Now, he'sleading pilgrimages to the place!  What gives?  I wrote the MIC an email asking why; I my not get an answer, but I tried.  anybody want to chime in?  I'm just so disappointed that someone like him would believe in that, especially after he had written in his book that he didn't.  :O ???
Somebody probably offered him a free trip if he can get so many other people to go.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: