Lost Respect or I Gotta Rant
(07-09-2013, 11:02 PM)Chestertonian Wrote:
(07-09-2013, 03:44 PM)Tim Wrote: Now I understand completely. The chaplet of Divine Mercy has been hijacked to supplant the Rosary by certain forces in the Church, to obscure LaSallete, Fatima, and Akita. I like the Divine Mercy devotion and I like the older video, which was sung by the McCarthys, and even the Gospel music version, both featured on EWTN, but it has become a vehicle for some with an agenda. Medj. fits in very well, because it too is intended to do the same.

tim

I never thought there was a conflict.  most places i have been to that pray the chaplet pray it with the rosary

There should be no conflict. Some folks can only think; either-or, and this should be ;and. The thing is Fatima, and the secret which has never been fully revealed and  which Mother Angelica said to the world, is much more important. In the writings which Bl. Pope John Paul II edited so well is a big proviso. It says in future Christ will remove His Mercy. That means it's part of the same message as Fatima, and while for these last few days mercy is available, but in the near future it will be withdrawn. It is a devotion, but it is not the solution which God Almighty has sent. The message of Fatima is all about the depraved society we live in and is sucking  a majority into hell."Many fall into hell from sins of the flesh"  Our Lady wasn't talking about fat Catholics.

tim
Com'on, folks, you're on the Internet. Look it up: Medjugorje.
(07-10-2013, 08:16 AM)Scriptorium Wrote: Com'on, folks, you're on the Internet. Look it up: Medjugorje.

Scrip, is this reference to our inability to spell Medjugorje. Thanks for spelling it. Or are you talking about the events there ?

tim
(07-10-2013, 08:49 AM)Tim Wrote:
(07-10-2013, 08:16 AM)Scriptorium Wrote: Com'on, folks, you're on the Internet. Look it up: Medjugorje.

Scrip, is this reference to our inability to spell Medjugorje. Thanks for spelling it. Or are you talking about the events there ?

tim

The spelling. Even Google will correct it for you.
(07-10-2013, 09:01 AM)Scriptorium Wrote:
(07-10-2013, 08:49 AM)Tim Wrote:

tim

The spelling. Even Google will correct it for you.
To be honest I hate saying the word much less spellingit.
(07-09-2013, 10:05 PM)dymphnaw Wrote: Fr. Calloway believes in Medj. He has always been straight up about that.
I got the impression from his biography that hedidn't condone/endorse it. He mentions that it's not approved by the Church.  Did I read wrong?
Is that the Fr. Calloway that's in the book "Extreme Mercy".  His conversion is attributed to  Medjugorje. Pretty much an endorsement, no ??

tim
(07-10-2013, 11:51 AM)Tim Wrote: Is that the Fr. Calloway that's in the book "Extreme Mercy".  His conversion is attributed to  Medjugorje. Pretty much an endorsement, no ??

tim
  No the book I'm referring to is No Turning Back, his first book about his conversion.  Now he's really let me down  :((
I don't really carry for saying the M word either. Also, when I post from my phone I don't feel like opening a new window just to search for the spelling of that word
I gotta tell ya, when I need to type that word my mind goes blank. Senior moment, maybe ? And having used google to search Cursus for writings of the Fathers, there is no excuse for me there either.

tim