Lost Respect or I Gotta Rant
ROFL

I thought MIC meant "man in charge" !
(07-10-2013, 05:16 PM)AstroKitty Wrote:
(07-10-2013, 11:51 AM)Tim Wrote: Is that the Fr. Calloway that's in the book "Extreme Mercy".  His conversion is attributed to  Medjugorje. Pretty much an endorsement, no ??

tim
  No the book I'm referring to is No Turning Back, his first book about his conversion.  Now he's really let me down   sad(

Now, how has he let you down? Fr. Calloway has never shied away from saying that when he was a teenager he picked up one of his mother's books and it was about Medjugorje. After reading it he went to confession and eventually became a priest. He's always said that everything good in his life began when he picked up that book. I wish he'd found his mom's copy of Woman Wrapped in Silence or Song of Benedette but he didn't.  He's not a big Medj Head. I think the Marians would not allow that but he doesn't reject it either.
(07-16-2013, 01:00 PM)dymphnaw Wrote:
(07-10-2013, 05:16 PM)AstroKitty Wrote:
(07-10-2013, 11:51 AM)Tim Wrote: Is that the Fr. Calloway that's in the book "Extreme Mercy".  His conversion is attributed to  Medjugorje. Pretty much an endorsement, no ??

tim
  No the book I'm referring to is No Turning Back, his first book about his conversion.  Now he's really let me down   sad(

Now, how has he let you down? Fr. Calloway has never shied away from saying that when he was a teenager he picked up one of his mother's books and it was about Medjugorje. After reading it he went to confession and eventually became a priest. He's always said that everything good in his life began when he picked up that book. I wish he'd found his mom's copy of Woman Wrapped in Silence or Song of Benedette but he didn't.  He's not a big Medj Head. I think the Marians would not allow that but he doesn't reject it either.
Because he wrote a disclaimer in his book that he had no idea that this apparition wasn't approved by the Church I thought he had also warned against it Shrug
He said that Med is not approved. He did not say that HE did not believe in it.
(07-17-2013, 06:56 AM)dymphnaw Wrote: He said that Med is not approved. He did not say that HE did not believe in it.
Thanks, I must have misread that.  Still, I don't think the Marians should allow him to lead pilgrimages
there because the Church has discouraged this( at least I thinkit has been discouraged).
Huh?
Something about that place gives me the "stay away" feeling.  Something there is very, very bad.
No matter how people talk about Medj, I get a sick stomach.  Weren't the 'original' medj priests in a whole mess of trouble for trafficking in spirits?

Thanks, I must have misread that.  Still, I don't think the Marians should allow him to lead pilgrimages
there because the Church has discouraged this( at least I thinkit has been discouraged).
Huh?
[/quote]

Sadly, a lot of decent folks believe in Medjugorje because Rome failed to do anything about it. I know Rome usually waits until after a apparition is over but this will never end until the last "seer" Hmmm... dies. Medj. should have been shut down a long time ago.