Curious about joining an SSPX Monastery
Quote:They have eastern rite monks and priests along side traditional ROman Rite ones, both traditional ROman Catholic of course, just other rites (traditional Maronite, traditional Russian, Ruthenian, Byzantine Greek, Syriac). (They have Russian Rite nuns and Basilian sisters in the Ukraine too.) They are less harsh and strict than the traditional OSB rules.

It's interesting that you should mention this. I have had the privilege to have been in contact with an Eastern-rite brother from this monastery, and he told me that, and I quote:

<tt>"Its an
interesting question. Luckily in our monastery we have the privilege of
working in both Rites and so it is not a problem. The Order takes you under
its wing and the Society bishops give a dispensation."

</tt><font size="2"><font face="Arial">So yes, you're quite right about the open, dual-rite nature of the Transalpine Redemptorists. If I decide on a clerical vocation, these men will definitely be at the top of my list, as I want to do what I can to help save Russia, but am (nominally, but I know not at heart) a Latin-rite Catholic. Interestingly, the monk with whom I have been in contact told me that the Redemptorists are even able to offer the pre-Nikonian </font></font><font size="2"><font face="Arial">(Old Believer)</font></font><font size="2"><font face="Arial"> liturgy </font></font><font size="2"><font face="Arial"></font></font><font size="2"><font face="Arial">if they need to.

And drewmeister2, it is well worth contacting these holy monks. They take a while to respond, because of their isolation and also, I suppose, the fact that the monastic life leaves little time for the use of the internet, but I've found this dedicated religious' email letters very informative and of great value for spiritual guidance. Don't hesitate.</font></font>

Messages In This Thread
Curious about joining an SSPX Monastery - by HMiS - 06-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Curious about joining an SSPX Monastery - by HMiS - 06-09-2005, 06:31 AM
Curious about joining an SSPX Monastery - by Historian - 06-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Curious about joining an SSPX Monastery - by HMiS - 06-10-2005, 12:58 PM