Curious about joining an SSPX Monastery
Quote:
It has made me consider joining an SSPX Monastery.  But, Im not sure if they would accept me, since I am not able to go to a SSPX Chapel, since my mom doesnt want me to not be with the family for Mass on Sunday (and she likes the Novus Ordo, not the TLM [Image: frown.gif])  Do you think one of the SSPX Monasteries may accept me?
<P style="MARGIN: 0px; styleDocument: [object]">
<P style="MARGIN: 0px; styleDocument: [object]"> 
<P style="MARGIN: 0px; styleDocument: [object]">Not to be mean, but if you are still worrying about what your family wants you to do I think you need a little more time before you start applying at any trad monasteries, SSPX or otherwise. What guarantees does the abbot have that you are serious about the Traditional Faith? You do realize that living the monastic life means cutting all particular friendships and to give up your family for your entire life? Fr Cyprian (in Silver City NM) is going to want to see a little more effort on your part if you are serious about the religious life I would think. There seems to be a great number of men wishing to enter there and you are going to have to be doing something currently in your life to stand out among the others. What have you done or are you doing to prepare yourself if you believe this is your calling? These are the type of questions you are going to be asked if you pursue this life. There is a vocations retreat coming up in the next week for the SSPX. I suggest you start there, or, if you can not make that, start with a five day Ignatian retreat and go from there. It sounds like you are putting the cart before the horse, but I do not know all you have done so I can not say for sure. Just take this as some friendly advice from someone that has considered the monastic life, as well as had an ex fiance that was in Carmel for 4 years and heard much about the inner workings of the religious life.

Messages In This Thread
Curious about joining an SSPX Monastery - by PaxTecum - 06-06-2005, 07:13 PM
Curious about joining an SSPX Monastery - by HMiS - 06-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Curious about joining an SSPX Monastery - by HMiS - 06-09-2005, 06:31 AM
Curious about joining an SSPX Monastery - by HMiS - 06-10-2005, 12:58 PM