Curious about joining an SSPX Monastery
Drew,

I think that PaxTecum has some good ideas, and one specific thing did stick out at me.  We do indeed need to be able to surrender our desires of pleasing our family and friends.  If we continue to perform worldly duties in order to please them, who are we truly serving?

As many of us (young lads) will attest to, family isn't the easiest thing to help us in our spiritual journey.  Many times, it is the family that can actually hinder our progress.  We must continue to pray for their full conversions.  Though, to be truly humble (which is very useful for a religious), we must realize that we are not perfect either.  We may have made some sort of outward conversion, but there's so much further to go.

By Christian charity towards our family, prayers, and various "acts of God" (I love insurance terminology! =P), they will come to see why you have chosen your path.  Just continue to work at it.  Even if you can't make it out to your desired chapel, spend time with Jesus (both at home and in the Blessed Sacrament).  He will assist you.

Also, do not forget that we are here on the forums to support you too.  Surely, that is one reason you are posting.  Please do post special prayer requests here.  I'm sure that we can "storm Heaven" (as many others have requested).  Perhaps, we could arrange special groups of people to pray for each of your needs.  The first group can pray for vocation.  The second for your mother.  etc.etc.  Don't be afraid to ask.

As for me, I'll be sure to include you in my prayers and petitions this evening!

Pinoy Monk

Messages In This Thread
Curious about joining an SSPX Monastery - by PinoyMonk - 06-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Curious about joining an SSPX Monastery - by HMiS - 06-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Curious about joining an SSPX Monastery - by HMiS - 06-09-2005, 06:31 AM
Curious about joining an SSPX Monastery - by HMiS - 06-10-2005, 12:58 PM