Is Food for the Poor Promoting Transvestism?
(07-13-2013, 03:51 AM)romanaround Wrote:
(07-12-2013, 06:53 PM)dark lancer Wrote: Of course, this thread's ads feature high heels.

AdBlock  Thumb

Ads and subscriptions are what keep the website up.
(07-13-2013, 05:07 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(07-13-2013, 03:51 AM)romanaround Wrote:
(07-12-2013, 06:53 PM)dark lancer Wrote: Of course, this thread's ads feature high heels.

AdBlock  Thumb

Ads and subscriptions are what keep the website up.

My bad.  Blush I'll be sure to turn it off whenever I log on here from time to time, then.
NC Register:  "About three years ago, Food for the Poor was stalled temporarily when its president and founder, Ferdinand Mahfood, resigned after allegations of sexual and financial misconduct surfaced. It's estimated he diverted more than $400,000 to two female employees with whom he was romantically involved. The Mahfood family later repaid the money back to the charity. Mahfood's brother Robin replaced him as chairman and president at the time. In September, P. Todd Kennedy, a lawyer and member of Food for the Poor's board of directors for almost two years, replaced Robin Mahfood as chairman of the board."

There's your answer. A lawyer as chairman & president---not necessarily a faithful Catholic. They see the world swinging in an LGBT direction, and no lawyer will take that on because he knows he'd lose in court. They have enough of an image problem after founder's improprieties. They're not formally pushing LGBT interests, but they're not fighting it either.

I'm glad Tim posted the Register article. Food For The Poor was the last charity I trusted, and I was going to send them money. Forget it, I'm throwing their stuff in the trash. I quit giving to Salvation Army when I found out they finance abortions. I quit donating to USO when my brother told me he'd seen them raid bombed out bunkers for food and drinks, then try to sell them back to troops for a profit. I quit donating to Red Cross when my brother told me they delayed help to his unit for weeks, and again with hurricanes Katrina and Sandy.

I think the best charity is to simply pray for people and God will provide through local means. Forget Big Charity; local grass roots charities are better. Didn't Mother Theresa say the bigger it gets, the more corrupt it becomes? That's why she worked to simplify her ministry before she died.

In the same way, I'm dismayed by Tom Monaghan's moral compromise with a pro-choice rich benefactor of Ave Maria University, by having him speak and naming a building after him! This town and university was sold to faithful Catholics as a model of Catholic living: no condoms in stores, no abortion clinics, etc. The truth is, the town is completely secular and its laws allow up to 25% of its medical procedures to be contraceptive in nature. The Wanderer blew the whistle on that one:  http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/abbott/100305

LOL ROFL
It's a shame. This charity was my idea of a good model. Send all, and I mean all, of the money where it is needed. Something like 96 or 95 cents of every dollar went to the poor. He used the Catholic idea, send the money direct to each parish, and some were prots., but incur no cost for administration. The Catholic priest, or Anglican vicar, or Prot. preacher dispersed the moola right into the mouths of the hungry.

tim