Needed: Cheese for some whine
http://www.catholic.com/blog/patrick-cof...-mad-trads

"We found ourselves on the business end of a nasty backlash stick. " Patrick Coffin referring to the comments he received after an episode of his radio show concerning Traditional Catholics.
Ah! beat me to it.  :grin:

Gentlemen let's flood their phonelines...
He's right, for the most part.
(07-12-2013, 07:42 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: He's right, for the most part.

You've got to be kidding...
"Because of the intensity of the reactions to the May 31 show, we are going to revisit radical Traditionalism on Monday, August 12, again with Tim Staples. Perhaps some of our unhappy interlocutors will call the show and debate the issues directly on the air, instead of relying again on third party reports and then firing off outraged emails based on them.

We’ll be happy take their calls. "

Why don't you guys take more than 7 calls in 2 hours and let them answer counter questions, and even finish their thought for that matter.

3rd party reports? The show is on podcast for everyone to listen to!

How about they actually have an SSPX priest, or for that matter, Fr. Gismondi, whom he mentioned early on the show, of the FSSP, who is the pastor of the parish I attend. 

I have a question suggestion for Staples and Coffin: ask the FSSP why they won't serve the NO? I'd love to hear their reaction to what they'll hear...
Edited to apologize to scriptorium for personal attack and Patrick Coffin of catholic.com and any catholic radio program or media organization and any and all of their employees whether mentioned in the article or not.

I apologize to the Pope, the Church, the Bishops, Priests, Clergy, Cardinals, the individuals mentioned in the article, Patrick Coffin, any Catholic radio or media organization and any and all of their employees whether mentioned in the article or not for any sins of Gossip, Detraction, Calumny, and/or Slander caused by this post and others in the thread or Fisheaters.com as well as any other sins committed such as scandal , and any sins others fell or might fall into by reading them as a result.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.
They gave like 20 minutes to Fr Cekada. That was quite fair in my opinion.  You guys are posting as though you are surprised they won't mouth the SSPX and/or sede party-line. I find that a little odd. As for the content of the blog post, I stand by the assertion that he characterizes the situation pretty accurately.
Quote:The com boxes of their websites function as echo chambers of depression and disenfranchisement, which in turn, reinforce the assumption that they're a brave minority fighting waves of persecution.

No, orthodox Catholicism isn't being persecuted, neither within nor outside the Church... right?  All but a miniscule amount of bishops and priests uphold the faith in its entirety, and have resisted false irenicism... correct?  Surely, their "good fruits" show up in the Pew Research reports (at least 84% of American Catholics are material heretics by denying EENS and the unique truth of Catholicism).  And Michael Voris fights mere shadows on his Web program... he's got it all wrong, as the Curch's leadership is fine and dandy.

Pope Benedict said that the TLM was "never abrogated," but Mr. Coffin is curiously of the opinion that it can be easily or matter-of-factly revoked.  Hmmm...
(07-12-2013, 08:02 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote:

You've got to be kidding...

It was established sometime ago that Scrip is not a Traditionalist but a neo-Cat apologist for V II and the NO Church. Why are you surprised?
(07-12-2013, 08:23 PM)Drover Wrote:

You would say that.

They suffer from "3rd way disease", everything is always in the middle and anyone not in the middle is a weirdo and a radical.

It's pathetic and they deserve criticism.

But the middle is such a comfortable place to be; it seems "just right" on the surface.  Problem is that sometimes the truth is with the minority, and "just right" is wrong.