Needed: Cheese for some whine
I fear priests from FSSP or ICKSP might be holding back on a forum like this. The ol muzzle we've talked about before. A solid SSPX priest wouldn't be afraid of possible repercussions if he ''said too much.'' . Heck, put on Venarri with em.

Or John Salza....he's been on there before I think, at least he's been on ewtn.. Let him talk about traditional issues for crying out loud.

I didn't hear their show so can't respond to what was said or not said, but it's a fact that "mad trads" exist (though I call them "rad trads," myself). The type of bitter, judgmental, always looking for something to get upset about trad is most definitely out there. They usually don't last long on this forum, but they're out there.
I did not hear it either, but if they are going to talk about traditionalism and "radical" traditionalism, they better have those who think that way on their show.  They also had better respond fully, succinctly and clearly to their concerns/issues.  Because every time I try to get answers to my own concerns the person defending VII always comes off as unclear, vague and quite wordy (much like the VII documents). It's really quite frustrating.

I really like Patrick Coffin. I'm also extremely jealous of his job. I wanna be a radio host for Catholic apologist websites! If we ever get FishEaters live I put my name down, my radio voice is smooth and velvety.

But I didn't like this:

Quote:But let's keep our eyes on the ball. The end is the life of glory with God in the beatific vision, not the Traditional Latin Mass, nor the Ordinary Form, no matter how reverently done. We need to love Jesus Christ and his Bride. On his terms; not ours.

This is a cutesy way of saying that the Mass doesn't really matter cos we're all aiming for Heaven anyway; and anybody who thinks that there's a legitimate battle for the best way to worship God is taking his eyes off of Jesus. The thing is that if we wanna worship Jesus on His terms I would make bold and say that Jesus probably prefers us to worship at the TLM not the new Mass no matter how reverent. That's the point of traditionalism - fighting against the idea that options and preferences and endless choices to suit everybody is the bestest thing since sliced bread.

Oh and I hate it when people pretend that the consecration of Russia happened...? All the peace in the world! All this conversion of Russia! All these errors of Russia being stamped out! Hmmm.
(07-13-2013, 09:04 AM)Basilios Wrote: I really like Patrick Coffin. I'm also extremely jealous of his job. I wanna be a radio host for Catholic apologist websites! If we ever get FishEaters live I put my name down, my radio voice is smooth and velvety.

But I didn't like this:

Quote:But let's keep our eyes on the ball. The end is the life of glory with God in the beatific vision, not the Traditional Latin Mass, nor the Ordinary Form, no matter how reverently done. We need to love Jesus Christ and his Bride. On his terms; not ours.

This is a cutesy way of saying that the Mass doesn't really matter cos we're all aiming for Heaven anyway; and anybody who thinks that there's a legitimate battle for the best way to worship God is taking his eyes off of Jesus. The thing is that if we wanna worship Jesus on His terms I would make bold and say that Jesus probably prefers us to worship at the TLM not the new Mass no matter how reverent. That's the point of traditionalism - fighting against the idea that options and preferences and endless choices to suit everybody is the bestest thing since sliced bread.

Oh and I hate it when people pretend that the consecration of Russia happened...? All the peace in the world! All this conversion of Russia! All these errors of Russia being stamped out! Hmmm.

Sounds protestant, doesn't it?
(07-12-2013, 10:30 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(07-12-2013, 08:02 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote:
(07-12-2013, 07:42 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: He's right, for the most part.

You've got to be kidding...

It was established sometime ago that Scrip is not a Traditionalist but a neo-Cat apologist for V II and the NO Church. Why are you surprised?

I am one of what Mr. Coffin described rather aptly:

"... who exhibit often heroic public witness to the Faith: that merry band of Latin-Mass-going, chapel veil-donning, homeschooling, nightly rosary-praying, great books-loving Catholics. In the courage of their faith and willingness to share it, these salt-of-the-earth Catholics deserve emulation.

"Take for example their invariably bold public pro-life commitment. Drive past any abortion facility in America or Canada and among the prayer warriors on the sidewalk you're bound to find at least one such Catholic. They love the pope, they love the beautiful Extraordinary Form (the Traditional Latin Mass), they love big families, and they love our Lord Jesus Christ and his mother."

And there is only one Church.
Edited to apologize to scriptorium, jovan66102, St. Pius of Trent for any and all personal attacks from me and also Patrick Coffin of catholic.com and any catholic radio program or media organization such as Catholic Answers and any and all of their employees whether mentioned in the article or not.

I apologize to the Pope, the Church, the Bishops, Priests, Clergy, Cardinals, the individuals mentioned in the article, Patrick Coffin, any Catholic radio or media organization and any and all of their employees whether mentioned in the article or not for any sins of Gossip, Detraction, Calumny, and/or Slander caused by this post and others in the thread or Fisheaters.com as well as any other sins committed such as scandal , and any sins others fell or might fall into by reading them as a result.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.
Dare say there are problems with the documents of Vatican 2, you are a radical traditionalist.

Dare point out any of the errors arising in the post Vatican 2 church, you are a radical traditionalist.

Dare compare the texts of the new mass to cramners "Lord's Supper'' service, you are a radical traditionalist.

Dare say there is no salvation outside the Church, you are a radical traditionalist.

Dare day Communion in the hand and girl altar boys are harming the Faith, you are a radical traditionalist.

Dare say Cardinal Dolan is acting scandalous and harming the Faith by giving Communion to notorious public sinners, you are a radical traditionalist.

The list goes on and on. In other words if you go to the Latin Mass and keep your mouth shut, you're a ''safe'' tradionalist. Thou shalt not point out the naked emporer. Otherwise, you must be shut up, ridiculed and accused of being a bad catholic.
Edited to apologize to scriptorium, jovan66102, St. Pius of Trent for any and all personal attacks from me and also Patrick Coffin of catholic.com and any catholic radio program or media organization such as Catholic Answers and any and all of their employees whether mentioned in the article or not.

I apologize to the Pope, the Church, the Bishops, Priests, Clergy, Cardinals, the individuals mentioned in the article, Patrick Coffin, any Catholic radio or media organization and any and all of their employees whether mentioned in the article or not for any sins of Gossip, Detraction, Calumny, and/or Slander caused by this post and others in the thread or Fisheaters.com as well as any other sins committed such as scandal , and any sins others fell or might fall into by reading them as a result.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.
(07-13-2013, 02:56 PM)Drover Wrote:
(07-13-2013, 02:14 PM)DustinsDad Wrote: Dare say there are problems with the documents of Vatican 2, you are a radical traditionalist.

Dare point out any of the errors arising in the post Vatican 2 church, you are a radical traditionalist.

Dare compare the texts of the new mass to cramners "Lord's Supper'' service, you are a radical traditionalist.

Dare say there is no salvation outside the Church, you are a radical traditionalist.

Dare day Communion in the hand and girl altar boys are harming the Faith, you are a radical traditionalist.

Dare say Cardinal Dolan is acting scandalous and harming the Faith by giving Communion to notorious public sinners, you are a radical traditionalist.

The list goes on and on. In other words if you go to the Latin Mass and keep your mouth shut, you're a ''safe'' tradionalist. Thou shalt not point out the naked emporer. Otherwise, you must be shut up, ridiculed and accused of being a bad catholic.

Exactly the point I was trying to make to Scrip.

Catholic answers loves "safe traditionalists". Smells and bells once a year, but keep those Lifeteen guitars strumming.

And they, the Concilliar supporters, do this out of terror of what would happen if the Faithful who have been lied to for over 40 years suddenly found out the truth. That is why the SSPX were fooled yet again into believing a regularization would happen. The creators and defenders of NewChurch will stop at nothing to protect their creation. If you spend much time at CAF, you have probably noticed that the hook is much quicker now than several years ago. Previously, posts concerning Tradition and The Church prior to Vatican II were allowed to develop for several days before being attacked by the usual suspects and shut down. Now the Concilliar Nazis are constantly lurking, and derailing conservative threads almost instantly. They fear Truth. And nothing could lead to a return of the Traditions and singular Spirit of The Church than returning to the Mass of The Church, the Tridentine Mass, as it existed prior to the changes wrought by Sacrosanctum Concillium and the Novus Ordo.