Needed: Cheese for some whine
(07-12-2013, 09:01 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: They gave like 20 minutes to Fr Cekada. That was quite fair in my opinion.  You guys are posting as though you are surprised they won't mouth the SSPX and/or sede party-line. I find that a little odd. As for the content of the blog post, I stand by the assertion that he characterizes the situation pretty accurately.

Are you sure that all of the CA blog's post was accurate and not biased? I noticed that he described one woman's comment to putting the N.O. in the back of the bus with colored people. He put quotes around it as if she said that in her comment to him. But in his next sentence, he said she used that tone, not that those were the woman's exact words. It seemed to me like he was trying to deceive readers--to make us think she was a pre-1962 racist when she might not have used those words in that way at all.
(07-12-2013, 09:01 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: They gave like 20 minutes to Fr Cekada.

You're not getting away with your usual pro-CAF spin this time.  They did not "give him"  "20 minutes."  It was announced that a sedevacantist was on the line, while he was put on hold, after which both the host and the guest first talked to each other, as they did for the vast majority of the show.  I listened to the whole thing live.

When they finally put Cekada on (after a time-consuming lead-up, which was probably deliberate), host and guest still continued to talk to each other and overwhelm Cekada with interruptions.  He, OTOH, was very polite and charitable to them, by contrast.  Only for the last approximately 1-2 minutes of the show's air time was Cekada able to say anything without being interrupted, redirected, etc.

They were in control and had no intention of really allowing any "radical" traditionalists to clarify any reasoning, let alone engage in argument.
(07-14-2013, 12:29 PM)Miriam_M Wrote:
(07-12-2013, 09:01 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: They gave like 20 minutes to Fr Cekada.

You're not getting away with your usual pro-CAF spin this time.  They did not "give him"  "20 minutes."  It was announced that a sedevacantist was on the line, while he was put on hold, after which both the host and the guest first talked to each other, as they did for the vast majority of the show.  I listened to the whole thing live.

When they finally put Cekada on (after a time-consuming lead-up, which was probably deliberate), host and guest still continued to talk to each other and overwhelm Cekada with interruptions.  He, OTOH, was very polite and charitable to them, by contrast.  Only for the last approximately 1-2 minutes of the show's air time was Cekada able to say anything without being interrupted, redirected, etc.

They were in control and had no intention of really allowing any "radical" traditionalists to clarify any reasoning, let alone engage in argument.

The CAF house of cards almost fell there at the end and they were saved by the bell. Had to do with the term "People of God" replacing the Mystical Body of Christ as the Church's understanding of itself. Fr Cekeda was trying to point out that by adding protestants to this definition contradicts the defined dogma if EENS. Staples went into the predictable common baptism and imperfect communion spin when time ran out...arguments that can be shredded when logically thought out and explained rather than stopping short at the feelgoodisms of these two slogans.  I'd have paid for ten more minutes.
(07-12-2013, 07:42 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: He's right, for the most part.

He's been called out and he's saying stupid things now.

He wrote, insinuating trads would call Mother Angelica a neo-cat. That is a stupid thing to say.

Let him rant, it's his cred he's tossing to the wind.

(07-13-2013, 12:02 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: I didn't hear their show so can't respond to what was said or not said, but it's a fact that "mad trads" exist (though I call them "rad trads," myself). The type of bitter, judgmental, always looking for something to get upset about trad is most definitely out there. They usually don't last long on this forum, but they're out there.

Give it a listen. In the second segment, you'll hear the NWO likened to the Kingdom of Christ.

Seriously.
That photo of the "Mad Trad" is ugly and insulting. He looks like a Neanderthal.
(07-15-2013, 10:22 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: That photo of the "Mad Trad" is ugly and insulting. He looks like a Neanderthal.
Of course it is.
I'm not saying he's perfect, but his post was mostly accurate, as was the radio show. Some trads need to wake up to step outside of themselves and gain perspective. The SSPX talks last year gained a lot of goodwill with neo-cats, or whatever you want to call them. Now is the fall-out. Sorry, but I don't think it is fate we have to be enemies, but both sides seem to be lining up to play the part. I won't malign them, but I also won't hold back what I understand to be true. He is right to criticize the sedes and the SSPXer types. They want to be separate from Rome. But I didn't say his view is the gold standard either. The show and the post were mostly accurate. Either face facts, or keep whining yourself. Either you are part of the separatist groups, or you are not. Either you are a "mad-trad" or you are a pleasure to be with while not being a church of nice-er. Everyone is tempted to broadbrush. But there is truth in their criticism of separatist trads.
(07-12-2013, 09:01 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: They gave like 20 minutes to Fr Cekada. That was quite fair in my opinion.  You guys are posting as though you are surprised they won't mouth the SSPX and/or sede party-line. I find that a little odd. As for the content of the blog post, I stand by the assertion that he characterizes the situation pretty accurately.

True..

But, if they allowed Fr. Cekada to actually debate and refute, he would have been on for all 2 hours. I think that is the point of contention here. They did not (and will not) allow actual discussion or debate on this issue. If they stopped spending the opening 20 minutes of the show congratulating themselves on their educations and joking about, they'd have more time.
Beggers can't be choosers. I am still amazed people are even complaining. It's like complaining that the sun rises. It's their show. They can do with it what they want. If you tune in, you are accepting the rules of the game. Don't tune in if you don't want to hear "neo-cats" complain about the SSPX and sedes. I just listened to Stephen Heiner, Fr Cekada, and Bishop Sanborn give a good one hour drag through the mud of the Pope the other day. I knew what I was getting into. I couldn't complain that I was bring subjected against my will to prideful sede calumnies of Popes.