RH Law defeated again for the 15th time
Every year for the past 14 years the so-called reproductive "health" law was proposed and failed to past.  It passed this year and signed into law by our secular humanist Pres. Aquino.  However, the pro-lifers petitioned the Supreme Court and asked for a review.  The Court agreed and suspended it until further orders.  It passed by one vote -- reminiscent of the way the senile Supremes of the SCOTUS vote here.

The agenda behind this RH Law is the money that the U.S. and the U.N. (and other private individuals) are providing.  But the agenda behind the agenda is that there is a new opportunity for the political crooks here to plunder a big chunk of it and use the rest to provide condoms, IUDs, birth control pills, etc.  Nothing is said about educating parents and their responsibility of raising a family.  When does a third world country ever know about the Billings method or even heard of Humanas Vitae?

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/07/16/pro-l...mentation/
Every time this comes up, the first thought in my mind is "as if the world really needs *less* Filipinos!" 
The people are so warm, loving, caring and kind. Why take that away from the world?
I wish we could say the battle is over but unfortunately the Court will still be hearing oral arguments before issuing a final verdict. Oral arguments will continue on July 23:  http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/317...ing-rh-law

The only good thing is that the final version of the bill is more watered down than that reported on by lifesite news. It's still a bad bill but not as bad as it was. The final version that Aquino signed is linked below.

http://www.gov.ph/2012/12/21/republic-act-no-10354/

C.
Let us pray that the Philippine Bishops' recent consecration of the country to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (June 8) will have a positive effect, including the defeat of the RH bill.
Some of the reporting on the oral arguments heard: http://opinion.inquirer.net/57059/rh-ora...t-reported

c.
(07-17-2013, 12:10 PM)PurposefulMother Wrote: Every time this comes up, the first thought in my mind is "as if the world really needs *less* Filipinos!" 
The people are so warm, loving, caring and kind. Why take that away from the world?

They obstinately continue to practice circumcision.  I wouldn't mind seeing them go.
(07-17-2013, 12:10 PM)PurposefulMother Wrote: Every time this comes up, the first thought in my mind is "as if the world really needs *less* Filipinos!" 

Very true!

C.
(07-23-2013, 08:27 AM)Melkite Wrote:

They obstinately continue to practice circumcision.  I wouldn't mind seeing them go.

???

Never heard that Fillipino's circumcise.  Doesn't matter if they do or don't, anyways.  Get over it, man.  :LOL:
(07-24-2013, 12:16 PM)Parmandur Wrote: Never heard that Fillipino's circumcise.  Doesn't matter if they do or don't, anyways.  Get over it, man.  :LOL:

Sure it matters!  It's an excommunicable offense.  Church teaching is not indifferent on circumcision.
(07-24-2013, 12:16 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(07-23-2013, 08:27 AM)Melkite Wrote:

???

Never heard that Fillipino's circumcise.  Doesn't matter if they do or don't, anyways.  Get over it, man.  :LOL:

I'll second that. Another thread hijacking will ensue...

C.