Devout Catholics have better sex!
I'm curious how many agree with this study?

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013...x#comments :grin: :romantic:

Devout Catholics don't mention sex on an internet forum, or anywhere else, except with their spouse and the children when it's time to know the mystery of procreation within marriage. :eyeroll:
Trad prudishness is definitely a bad thing. I mean, telling married couples that they need twin beds and a sheet with a hole in it is obviously going too far, but this whole "come to church regularly and have better sex!" spiel just comes off as ridiculous and vulgar. I'm sure there is a way to avoid the obsessions and hang-ups of both the 19th and the 21st centuries.

Also, I thought the statistic about purchases of "erotic underwear" was pretty funny.
I wouldn't know if I agree or not, since I don't make a habit of tallying up other couple's intimacy, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.
Just the openness to life and the fact that devout couples understand what intimacy means would be pretty big factors in their lives that other couples may not have.
I'm sure doing it with a clean conscience enhances the experience. 
The media seems indifferent to this news-I wanted to show that pagan sexuality is unfulfilling!
However, I don't think this will make the cover of secular and exploitative publications. Why?  Whispering, "It doesn't make any money." :shame:
(07-24-2013, 02:46 PM)Gidge Wrote: Devout Catholics don't mention sex on an internet forum, or anywhere else, except with their spouse and the children when it's time to know the mystery of procreation within marriage. :eyeroll:

I really hope this is a joke.

If it's not a joke (as I suspect), then this is the puritan attitude toward sex, not the Catholic one.
the Family Research Council is listed by the SPLC as a hate group and most secular people think they are a bunch of whacko bigots.  Not saying I agree with this, but they don't have much credibility to people who don't already agree with their stance.
(07-27-2013, 12:47 AM)Chestertonian Wrote: the Family Research Council is listed by the SPLC as a hate group and most secular people think they are a bunch of whacko bigots.  Not saying I agree with this, but they don't have much credibility to people who don't already agree with their stance.

The SPLC is a hate group and wacko leftists.
(07-27-2013, 12:47 AM)Chestertonian Wrote: the Family Research Council is listed by the SPLC as a hate group and most secular people think they are a bunch of whacko bigots.  Not saying I agree with this, but they don't have much credibility to people who don't already agree with their stance.

The SPLC is the same group that lists anti-homosexual groups, traditional Catholics, and basically anyone who has religious convictions that say that Islam and Judaism are wrong, as hate groups. Knowing that this is the commonly accepted paradigm for the secular world does not really make much difference to me.