Pope's address to Brazilian bishops.
(07-28-2013, 01:55 PM)DustinsDad Wrote: One other possible answer came to me at mass today. Could he that he believes it but doesnt think it prudent to say it. Its a stretch I know, but Our Lady did speak of a ''diabolical disorientation'' in the Church. Just throwing it out there to cover all possibilities.

I don't think it's a stretch at all.  I have heard that from other quarters, mostly clerical.  It certainly is the most hopeful of all options.  I've also heard that cleaning up the Curia is more important than anything else, because of that fact.
http://mundabor.wordpress.com/2013/06/20...eresy-jam/
http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/07...sm-of.html

I am not going to go so far as the author of this editorial does and call the Pope a heretic.  However, I will say that I believe that the likelihood that he was poorly formed seems high.  What is for certain is that his manner of speaking and writing is incredibly convoluted, contradictory, and unclear.  I keep praying that someone the Holy Father knows and trusts will sit him down and help him to understand how to be Pope, the importance of presenting his thoughts clearly and thinking them out ahead of time, and to pass them through the Papal Theologian once and a while.

I agree with His Holiness completely about the need for the Church, particularly the Laity, to get out of the parish and do things in the world.  Instead of seeking to be involved in the Church, inside the walls of the parish through being a lector, emhc, altar server, etc. we should be going out to perform the corporal and spiritual works of mercy.  There is nothing inherently wrong of course with helping out within the parish, but the laity are meant to go out and sanctify the world.  We can't do that if all of our volunteering is inside of the parish building.

However, despite the fact that I agree with him on that issue, he confuses the heck out of me on a regular basis, and concerns me greatly from time to time.  As noted by the author in the first link above, the Pope often contradicts himself, sometimes within mere seconds of what he previously said.  This lends credibility to the idea that he is simply not a clear thinker or was nor formed in a very solid manner.  The price I fear for the Society of Jesus moving away from forming their men in their own scholastic tradition. 
(07-28-2013, 05:36 PM)Miriam_M Wrote:
(07-28-2013, 01:55 PM)DustinsDad Wrote: One other possible answer came to me at mass today. Could he that he believes it but doesnt think it prudent to say it. Its a stretch I know, but Our Lady did speak of a ''diabolical disorientation'' in the Church. Just throwing it out there to cover all possibilities.

I don't think it's a stretch at all.  I have heard that from other quarters, mostly clerical.  It certainly is the most hopeful of all options.  I've also heard that cleaning up the Curia is more important than anything else, because of that fact.

Have popes worried about prudence when speaking the Truth in the past?  And when we speak of prudence exactly what is imprudent about the Pope speaking the Truth at this moment?
(07-28-2013, 06:00 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: http://mundabor.wordpress.com/2013/06/20...eresy-jam/

I am not going to go so far as the author of this editorial does and call the Pope a heretic.  However, I will say that I believe that the likelihood that he was poorly formed seems high.  What is for certain is that his manner of speaking and writing is incredibly convoluted, contradictory, and unclear.  I keep praying that someone the Holy Father knows and trusts will sit him down and help him to understand how to be Pope, the importance of presenting his thoughts clearly and thinking them out ahead of time, and to pass them through the Papal Theologian once and a while.

I agree with His Holiness completely about the need for the Church, particularly the Laity, to get out of the parish and do things in the world.  Instead of seeking to be involved in the Church, inside the walls of the parish through being a lector, emhc, altar server, etc. we should be going out to perform the corporal and spiritual works of mercy.  There is nothing inherently wrong of course with helping out within the parish, but the laity are meant to go out and sanctify the world.  We can't do that if all of our volunteering is inside of the parish building.

However, despite the fact that I agree with him on that issue, he confuses the heck out of me on a regular basis, and concerns me greatly from time to time.  As noted by the author in the first link above, the Pope often contradicts himself, sometimes within mere seconds of what he previously said.  This lends credibility to the idea that he is simply not a clear thinker or was nor formed in a very solid manner.  The price I fear for the Society of Jesus moving away from forming their men in their own scholastic tradition. 

I don't know if I can judge his formation, but I will say this:  When I heard he was a "Jesuit" at the time of his election, I was concerned right from the start.  Then I would hear, well, he's not like the Jesuits we know in the US, yada yada yada.  But given what we have seen so far, I wonder all over again.
[Image: o7glC5g.png]
(07-28-2013, 06:00 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: http://mundabor.wordpress.com/2013/06/20...eresy-jam/

I have reached the same conclusion. I thought it was just me... It is confusing....I am worried. Thanks for the links.