Eastern Rite Churches
Here you go Melkite..............

www.holyghostphila.byzcath.org/

(08-03-2013, 07:05 PM)straymondpenafort Wrote: Here you go Melkite..............

www.holyghostphila.byzcath.org/

I second this. I've never been to a Melkite parish, but I've heard they are some of the best. I've even had a couple Orthodox friends admit that the Melkites do a better DL than many Orthodox do.
Does anyone here know anything about St. Michaels Byzantine Church in Pleasant City, Ohio?
I go to this Ruthenian Catholic parish every now and then when I can't make it to the TLM:

http://www.resurrectionsmithtown.org

Actually, the TLM at the diocesan parish I go to has been suspended for 3 weeks, due to lack of a covering priest, so I will probably be at the Ruthenian parish. One of the problems when the TLM isn't the main Mass at a diocesan parish, if there aren't enough priests to say multiple Masses, TLM will be cancelled rather than the NO.
(08-03-2013, 06:49 PM)Melkite Wrote: (I)f I ever have the chance to go to a thoroughly eastern ruthenian parish I would love to.

Just saw this. If you ever get to Western Missouri, St Luke's in Sugar Creek (a close-in suburb of Kansas City) is, or at least was when I last attended, solidly 'Eastern'. It was my first parish after swimming the Tiber and I couldn't tell the difference between its Liturgy and that which I was used to in the Serbian and Russian Orthodox  Churches, except that our Pastor couldn't sing nearly as well as my Serbian Pastor. :LOL:

Ironically, while under the Ruthenian Eparch, it was made up of about 1/3 Rusyns, 1/3 Ukrainians, and 1/3 disaffected Latins. The latter included our Pastor, ordained in the Latin Rite, who petitioned Rome for bi-ritual faculties when (as he put it) they 'raped the Mass.'
(08-12-2013, 05:32 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-03-2013, 06:49 PM)Melkite Wrote: (I)f I ever have the chance to go to a thoroughly eastern ruthenian parish I would love to.

Just saw this. If you ever get to Western Missouri, St Luke's in Sugar Creek (a close-in suburb of Kansas City) is, or at least was when I last attended, solidly 'Eastern'. It was my first parish after swimming the Tiber and I couldn't tell the difference between its Liturgy and that which I was used to in the Serbian and Russian Orthodox  Churches, except that our Pastor couldn't sing nearly as well as my Serbian Pastor. :LOL:

Ironically, while under the Ruthenian Eparch, it was made up of about 1/3 Rusyns, 1/3 Ukrainians, and 1/3 disaffected Latins. The latter included our Pastor, ordained in the Latin Rite, who petitioned Rome for bi-ritual faculties when (as he put it) they 'raped the Mass.'

Thank you for the info! I don't know that I'll ever be in the KC area, but if I am I'll keep that in mind.  I've heard good things about the eparchy of Parma in general, so it doesn't surprise me that the solid Ruthenian parishes would mostly be in the midwest.
(08-12-2013, 08:07 AM)Melkite Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 05:32 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:

Thank you for the info! I don't know that I'll ever be in the KC area, but if I am I'll keep that in mind.  I've heard good things about the eparchy of Parma in general, so it doesn't surprise me that the solid Ruthenian parishes would mostly be in the midwest.

Interesting back story, too. The Temple was a little frame Church with a typical dome built behind the parking lot of a massive Latin Rite Church of some Slavic flavour, I forget which. It was originally under the Ukrainian Eparch while the Rusyns had a Mission that met in a Western Chapel. The last Ukrainian pastor was a strange fellow. Wore a cowboy hat and wanted to be called by his first name only. The congregation shrank to the point the Eparch was going to close the Church. The Eparch of Parma bought it to keep it open. The Remaining Ukrainians wanted it to retain its old dedication, the Rusyns wanted to perpetuate the name of their Mission. Finally, the Eparch said, 'Stop squabbling, it's going to be called St Lukes!' which was a completely new name. :)