What species orientation are you?
I think we need to stay on the topic of sex to try to see what we're dealing with here.

What about masturbation?  Perhaps certain individuals are oriented towards themselves?

ETA:  In case it came across the wrong way, this was actually a serious take.  :grin:
(08-03-2013, 08:32 AM)frater Wrote: Melkite, you seem really hung up on "terms" and "definitions."

That's interesting.  Apparently you haven't been watching the thread that spawned this one.
I must have missed it. I've been working on my jump shot. I think this is going to be my year!
i'm a black lesbian trapped in a fat rednecks body. [Image: 372676.jpg]
(08-03-2013, 09:41 AM)frater Wrote: I must have missed it. I've been working on my jump shot. I think this is going to be my year!

Yeah, in the other thread, bas was talking about the importance of using word correctly because their definitions are important.  Which is very true,but it is he in particular that is hung up with definitions on this topic, which I would guess is the reason this thread about cats was started.

I'm in Baltimore, too.  Do you go to st. Alphonsus, or perhaps Mt. Calvary now that it is Catholic?
You see for me it's different. I was born in the wrong century. I belong in the time of Robin Hood. I'd have been the real Friar Tuck (aka tim) as I can drink beer well and am the correct size. One of my talents was to KO drunken bastards, which as you see would have made me a number one candidate for Robin of Loxely's band of poachers. The only problem I can see is how would an Italian Benedictine get to Merry Ol' England, hmmm ?

tim
(08-03-2013, 07:28 AM)Melkite Wrote: Basilios, you're being absurd and it shows you're not using the term orientation correctly.  Even supposing you were half serious, you wouldn't have a cat orientation if you already were a cat.  Orientation refers to the direction you are headed, not the location you presently are in.  I think I understand your confusion wih sexual orientation now.  You think that if a man proclaims himself to be oriented towards other men, and because of the biological heterosexuality of the species, the man is somehow claiming he's really a woman on the inside.  Because, naturally from a heterosexual perspective, to be attracted to a man must mean one is a woman on some level.  This isn't remotely close to what is going on with homosexuals.  Homosexuals don't perceive themselves to be one sex trapped in the body of the other, that is transexualism, which is not an orientation and something entirely different.  Rather than perceiving their sexual location to be opposite of their biological make up, so not an orientation, homosexuals find their attractions directed, and thus oriented, towards their own sex rather than the opposite.  Orientation refers to direction of movement, not place.

Its all a disorder; and its all against nature and its all the result of sin. Sinful society, sinful peers, sinful thoughts entertained, sinful parents....whatever. Sinful. As for the trans type folks, rather than wringing ones hands trying to figure if you should call them he or she, it may be more helpful for the afflicted soul to call 'em an exorcist. This stuff is diabolic to the core and the sooner we realize and admit it, the better off we'll all be.

Oh, but we don't want to talk about the devil or evil or hell or heaven anymore right. Well then...nevermind.
I myself remain convinced that I am actually a Dire Wolf of the pleistocene epoch trapped inside of the body of a strapping young white American lad. Being half wolf, half American, and half Catholic really helps me in my soldiering, and it also explains why I'm angry and enjoy destroying things with my teeth. You guys really don't understand the pressure I'm under. I am, after all, the last of my species and it's up to me and me alone to save the world from the destructive hands of mankind and his infernal feline friends and repopulate the world with many litters of dire wolf puppies!

YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND ME! BUT THAT'S OK, BECAUSE THE MESSAGE OF JESUS IS ALL ABOUT LOVE! AND WHAT I FEEL WHEN I LOOK INTO THE EYES OF A FEMALE CANINE, THAT'S REAL LOVE.
(08-03-2013, 10:00 AM)Melkite Wrote: I'm in Baltimore, too.  Do you go to st. Alphonsus, or perhaps Mt. Calvary now that it is Catholic?

I usually go to St Alphonsus, although I've been to Mount Calvary also. How about yourself?
(08-03-2013, 07:28 AM)Melkite Wrote: Basilios, you're being absurd

... Yes.

Quote:Orientation refers to the direction you are headed, not the location you presently are in. 

So... natural law theory is totally wrong when it claims that (sexually) the natural end of males is females and the natural end of females is males?

You're only proving my point here! The orientation of all males is towards females as a matter of fact. Just because those with SSA do not participate (for want of a better word) in this particular inescapable fact doesn't make it any less a fact. It just makes their SSA a disorientation and a disorder. Hence Catholic teaching.

Quote:I think I understand your confusion wih sexual orientation now.  You think that if a man proclaims himself to be oriented towards other men, and because of the biological heterosexuality of the species, the man is somehow claiming he's really a woman on the inside.  Because, naturally from a heterosexual perspective, to be attracted to a man must mean one is a woman on some level.  This isn't remotely close to what is going on with homosexuals. 

That's not at all what I'm talking about.

Anyway, back to my topic.

If you can have a sexual orientation, why not a species orientation? Indeed, why not any kind of orientation? Why can I not claim that my food orientation is to eat glass?

Sexuality is fluid. Species are fluid.

Please stop trying to demean my orientation as a feline. It's just what I am.