Choreographer of World Youth Day Flash Mob Posed for Gomorrist Publications
My original post was predicated on the fact that this person's past is now being disclosed. If it was not disclosed I wouldn't expect someone to make a public statement, but since this person had a public role at WYD and it was now disclosed about his past sins, this person should also make a public disclosure disavowing the past lifestyle/sin.

It seems to me that WYD is not really about prayer, penance and conversion, but is more about a cash-grab partnership between the Church and the local governments to stimulate local businesses, which are probably owned by people on the organizing committee. Much like the Olympics and other such events. The only difference is that this has a Catholic name attached.

We have to realize that most people who are 'professional Catholics' don't actually know or believe what the Church teaches. I worked at a Catholic high school briefly and realized that few, if any, teachers knew the faith and those that did were modernists. The priests turned a blind-eye to it as long as the day to day work got done. The priests themselves were apathetic to the faith and had mass wearing flip-flops and shorts at a coffee table, so that goes to show you the kind of atmosphere that exists in the Novus Ordo. Now multiply this ignorance by 5000 and you have WYD.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Choreographer of World Youth Day Flash Mob Posed for Gomorrist Publications - by winoblue1 - 08-07-2013, 11:57 AM