Communion in a Plastic Cup
(08-10-2013, 11:14 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Has anyone determined if the photos were real or fake? It seems odd that only two pictures of plastic cups surfaced in the media.

When you say fake, do you mean photoshopped?  If not, what do you mean?

I've seen at least  4 pictures that look pretty real to me and we have yet to hear anyone come forward from WYD refuting that this happened.
Yes, by fake I meant photoshopped. I only saw two pictures. I mention this because someone else did, although the photos do look real to me.
(08-10-2013, 10:18 AM)Chestertonian Wrote:
(08-10-2013, 07:34 AM)2Vermont Wrote:
(08-10-2013, 01:07 AM)Chestertonian Wrote:
(08-09-2013, 09:55 PM)OldMan Wrote: Not to have the final word, but I must add that personally I don't believe that our Lord is truly present on the altars of modern churches, so I am not troubled by the plastic cups... but what troubles me is those who think that that wine is indeed the Precious Blood of the Savior.

I tread on thin ice regarding forum rules, thus I will refrain from further comment on this topic. The shepherd is struck and the sheep are scattered. Pray for removal of this cross! Oh, so oppressive!

You seemed pretty troubled by the plastic cups before.

Since I live with someone who tends to think the way that Old Man does I think I understand it.  I think they go back and forth regarding the Real Presence post Vatican II.  They may say one thing, but in reality it 's a doubt.  I don't think anyone is really sure of anything these days (well, at least those who agree that there is a crisis in the Church anyway). We're all trying to make sense of things and in doing so, we get angry, we make bitter-like statements, we take it out on each other, we seem to contradict ourselves, and so on.

Yeah, it's just not fun being on the receiving end and being accused of being a progressive Novus Ordo lover simply because he thinks that this type of liturgical abuse is illicit but does not invalidate the sacrament.

Trust me, Chester, I know what you mean.
(08-10-2013, 01:07 AM)Chestertonian Wrote:
(08-09-2013, 09:55 PM)OldMan Wrote: Not to have the final word, but I must add that personally I don't believe that our Lord is truly present on the altars of modern churches, so I am not troubled by the plastic cups... but what troubles me is those who think that that wine is indeed the Precious Blood of the Savior.

I tread on thin ice regarding forum rules, thus I will refrain from further comment on this topic. The shepherd is struck and the sheep are scattered. Pray for removal of this cross! Oh, so oppressive!

You seemed pretty troubled by the plastic cups before.

No actually I wasn't. I was only pointing out the fact that Catholics who mistakenly think that what was being passed around was the Precious Blood might be scandalized by the slip shod manner in which things were done. I have no doubts about the invalidity of the post-V2 rites. I hope that clears the air!
Just thought I'd give an update on the CAF thread:

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=814234

It's closed now.

Shocked I tells ya.
The irony of it all is that rules emanating from recent Pontificates (in this case by Blessed John Paul II) keep being ignored by the Church.

http://pro-tridentina-malta.blogspot.com...pon-6.html