"If I'm Not Rad-Trad or Progressive, What Am I?"
Me, too ! Catholic describes us nicely and accurately. The only modifier I'd use is Roman because I'm Latin Rite since my baptism. I see reform as re-grabbing what was thrown away. He hit on something small 't" Tradition which absolutely key, the extended Catholic Family. The Protestant nuclear family has killed us. It is the reason for division in the Protestants and now us.

I see the rad trad notion of separating from the others and the world as a silly idea. We need to rebuild Catholic Ghetto Parishes no matter we are a single ethnicity or we will perish. That is the reason Protestants are thousands of different sects, and why like cancer they keep subdividing. We must not follow them into an Atheistic America, where sins which cry out to God go un-noticed.

The Banksters, the Philanthropies, Abortion, the Pill, Homosexual marriage, embryonic stem cells, invitro fertilization, the nuclear family as an island, the necessity of college education for employment, the necessity of aligning with either ideological party, and on, are all part and parcel of the American godless problem.  That sickness is why we are compelled to "label" each other. Division is the holy grail of godless America, we should change the money to say "Divide and Conquer".

Sometimes what I see is catholic Progressive, catholic Neo-con, catholic Liberal, catholic Libertarian, catholic RadTrad Pharisee,  where catholic is just an adjective modifying their real religion. This could all be straightened out with my proposed Catholic Ghetto parish. That makes community where as Fr. Malachi Martin has noted the cultural interactions help prevent many from going off the deep end. It works in all directions, those that get too liberal ignoring sin, and the rigorist which question every action including taking out the rubbish.

Here's a meditation. The Sisters which taught me and were habit wearing models of good sisters spent their weekends mostly in the convent. One of my younger brothers pal, whose father died young, was the only kid entrusted with taking out their trash, filling the Garbage cans with empty beer cans by the tons. They drank.
He told me when I was in my mid-twenties, and I couldn't believe it. We needed to get real.

tim
(08-07-2013, 01:49 PM)Tim Wrote: Sometimes what I see is catholic Progressive, catholic Neo-con, catholic Liberal, catholic Libertarian, catholic RadTrad Pharisee,  where catholic is just an adjective modifying their real religion.

yes!

Quote:This could all be straightened out with my proposed Catholic Ghetto parish.

no!
(08-07-2013, 01:27 PM)Basilios Wrote: I don't label myself.
This is why I don't do religion.

I'm just spiritual.

I see what you did there.  :pointlaff:
(08-07-2013, 02:33 PM)Deidre Wrote:
(08-07-2013, 01:27 PM)Basilios Wrote: I don't label myself.
This is why I don't do religion.

I'm just spiritual.

I see what you did there.  :pointlaff:

He's on a roll lately,
(08-07-2013, 01:52 PM)guacamole Wrote:
(08-07-2013, 01:49 PM)Tim Wrote: Sometimes what I see is catholic Progressive, catholic Neo-con, catholic Liberal, catholic Libertarian, catholic RadTrad Pharisee,  where catholic is just an adjective modifying their real religion.

yes!

Quote:This could all be straightened out with my proposed Catholic Ghetto parish.

no!

Okay Guacamole why not Catholic Parish ghettos. When we lived in them the Faith was strong, and conversions were chugging along like a locomotive. The suburban nuclear family model has brought ruin. So why not ??

tim
(08-07-2013, 03:39 PM)Tim Wrote: Okay Guacamole why not Catholic Parish ghettos. When we lived in them the Faith was strong, and conversions were chugging along like a locomotive. The suburban nuclear family model has brought ruin. So why not ??

because you want them ethnically segregrated.  it's a non-starter.

the only thing i really like about my territorial novus ordo parish is its racial and ethnic diversity.  and i am not pc at all.  (i would be considered racist by some people.)  so if i like it, you're never going to sell ethnic segregation to americans.  ever.

edit:  Tim, I re-read your post and now it's just not clear to me.  You say:

Quote:We need to rebuild Catholic Ghetto Parishes no matter we are a single ethnicity or we will perish.

Actually, that sentence does not make grammatical sense to me.  I had read it to mean you think we should have separate, ethnic parishes again.  Is that what you mean?  Or are you saying that Catholics are like a single ethnicity?
(08-07-2013, 03:42 PM)guacamole Wrote:
(08-07-2013, 03:39 PM)Tim Wrote: Okay Guacamole why not Catholic Parish ghettos. When we lived in them the Faith was strong, and conversions were chugging along like a locomotive. The suburban nuclear family model has brought ruin. So why not ??

because you want them ethnically segregrated.  it's a non-starter.

the only thing i really like about my territorial novus ordo parish is its racial and ethnic diversity.  and i am not pc at all.  (i would be considered racist by some people.)  so if i like it, you're never going to sell ethnic segregation to americans.  ever.

I never said that, you're trying to read my mind, or put words in my mouth.

tim
(08-07-2013, 03:57 PM)Tim Wrote: I never said that, you're trying to read my mind, or put words in my mouth.

well, sweety, i'm neither a psychic nor a ventriloquist.   :LOL:  help me out, hon'.  what do you mean by this?

Quote:We need to rebuild Catholic Ghetto Parishes no matter we are a single ethnicity or we will perish.

[Image: psychic.jpg] [Image: ramdas.jpg]
(08-07-2013, 01:25 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: To these you could add terms that can be at times useful:

Conclavist (ex: "Pope Michael" and his parents in 1990)

Home-aloner (ex: Franciscan-styled lay community in New Mexico)

Hard-line sedevacantist (ex: CMRI)

Moderate sedevacantist (ex: SSPV)

Semi-sedevacantist (ex: some independent chapels)

Semi-sedevacantist SSPX Catholics (SSPXers against Lefebvre/Fellay contact with Rome until it converts)

Williamsonite (the "resistence," semi-sedevacantist)

SSPX-friendly Ecclesia Dei (a minority of FSSP priests)

Anti-SSPX Ecclesia Dei Catholic (majority of FSSP priests)

Tradition-minded Reform-of-the-Reform Catholic (Frs. Fessio, Stravinskus, Benedict XVI)

Modern-minded Reform-of-the-Reform Catholic (CUF, JPII, Pope Francis ??)

Orthodox-minded moderates (Cardinal Dolan)

Unorthodox moderates (Cardinal Bernadine)

Orthodox-minded social justice progressives (Some US Bishop Conference leaders)

Unorthodox progressive (majority of clerics)

Moderate progressive (majority of clerics)

Radical progressive (Cardinal Mahoney, Hans Kung)

A good list.  I'm guessing charismatic Catholics wouldn't get their own category, but ideally would be udner the;

Tradition-minded Reform-of-the-Reform Catholic (Frs. Fessio, Stravinskus, Benedict XVI)
Modern-minded Reform-of-the-Reform Catholic (CUF, JPII, Pope Francis ??)
Orthodox-minded moderates (Cardinal Dolan)

groups.
Charismatic... Catholic..... Orthodoxy...?

[Image: uUkz0.jpg]