Catholic Answers Rad Trad II Radio Reminder-August 12th
(08-07-2013, 10:58 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote:
(08-07-2013, 10:36 PM)salus Wrote: I guess Catholic Answers being "concerned" about the traditional movement keeps their minds off all the evils just alone in their local San Diego diocese where they recently had a drag show at the Catholic University, not a word from Bishop Brom about it either and not a word from Karl Keatin and company about Brom's silence, how hypocritical this bunch is.

I've started to realize that there are some people at Catholic Answers who have a strong preference for tradition, but that they are not the ones in positions of authority, or the ones who are pumping out all of the CD and DVD sets, so they don't get recognized.  Peggy Frye for example, has put out some good articles and is not afraid to recommend traditional theological texts like Ott's Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma.  She also posted recently about the problems with the Mass of Christian Burial and the instant canonizations which seem to accompany it. 

Of course you are absolutely correct in that most there do not seem to pay the most remote attention to these things, and are happy to ignore the problems in the Church to include the mass apostasy which has taken place over the last two generations.  When there was a post on the FFI situation which spared little time in bashing traditional Catholics by CA Apologist Michelle Arnold, on Facebook the other day, someone replied to her "perhaps Catholic Answers should just go back to telling people that Sola Scriptora is not in the Bible and leave Catholics alone".  At this point, that pretty much sums up my thoughts on what they have going on. 
Very well stated.

If something does get mentioned concerning tradition, there are always the troll posts in the  "Traditional Catholic" section of CAF reminding us that Vatican II is valid and that pre-1965 devotions are "optional", etc.  -- if you counter these out of place assertions, you'll soon have a moderator breathing down your neck for being "uncharitable" or threatening you with sanctions.

I'm sad that CA now panders to the Laissez-faire Catholics and heterodox  -- I know a few people who have crossed the Tiber because of CA, it's really a shame.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Catholic Answers Rad Trad II Radio Reminder-August 12th - by Gidge - 08-08-2013, 09:20 AM