Mysterious priest performs miracle at site of Mercedes crash
(08-07-2013, 06:33 PM)guacamole Wrote: This has all the hallmarks of the supernatural.  It could have been a currently living saint bilocating, or a saint from heaven.

Or an angel.
wish they would tell us what he was wearing, if he said the ritual in Latin etc etc.
the only person I could think of would be Padre Pio, but he would look like a friar not a regular priest.
(08-08-2013, 02:58 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: wish they would tell us what he was wearing, if he said the ritual in Latin etc etc.
the only person I could think of would be Padre Pio, but he would look like a friar not a regular priest.

This.  If the Priest was wearing not wearing a cassock, I'd be sceptical lol. 
Michael Voris interviewed the fire chief who encountered that mystery priest.

I gotta believe it's a miracle.

Deo gratias !

What a gorgeous story! Just beautiful. Like others have said, this has the mark of the supernatural all over it!

This is a good story to remember next time you read Scripture and wonder what's happened to all the miracles. Things like this happen all the time (and things happen all the time, too, that have the demonic stamp) and we don't hear about it. We all know, intellectually, that God is still in His Heaven, that He loves us, that prayer is effective -- but hearing a  story like this is so emotionally comforting, isn't it??

God bless Katie and her family and all the rescue workers who saved her (temporally speaking :P )!
(08-07-2013, 05:11 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: "Mysterious priest" sounds like some sort of pedo-priest headline.

How did they know he was a Catholic priest? He he introduce himself? I wonder why he disappeared.

I can personally guarantee you that it was a Catholic priest. Center, MO is about 2 and half hours north/north west of me here in St. Louis. It's not too far from Hannibal, and I've been there. That whole area is deep evangelical protestant, specifically southern baptist. Ralls County is part of the Diocese of Jefferson City; geographically, it is the largest of the diocese in Missouri, but of the four of them, it is by far the smallest one. The whole diocese has less than 90,000 catholics in it, which equates out to less than 10% of the total population for the diocese as a whole. The lutherans have a small minority presence, as do some other evangelical ecclesial communities, but the vast majority are SB.

So, in short, it is a Catholic priest, because the only person in that area who would be dressed like a priest would be, well, a Roman Catholic Priest

ETA:

A close friend of mine from a parish down in Fenton, MO says they have had a priest that was recently transferred from their up to a parish around Center. She says she sent him an email and is awaiting a response to see if it was him or anyone he knows.
What if the lady trapped in the car was a Baptist ? What a miracle then ?

tim
(08-09-2013, 12:54 AM)Reichsjager Wrote:
(08-07-2013, 05:11 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: "Mysterious priest" sounds like some sort of pedo-priest headline.

How did they know he was a Catholic priest? He he introduce himself? I wonder why he disappeared.

I can personally guarantee you that it was a Catholic priest. Center, MO is about 2 and half hours north/north west of me here in St. Louis. It's not too far from Hannibal, and I've been there. That whole area is deep evangelical protestant, specifically southern baptist. Ralls County is part of the Diocese of Jefferson City; geographically, it is the largest of the diocese in Missouri, but of the four of them, it is by far the smallest one. The whole diocese has less than 90,000 catholics in it, which equates out to less than 10% of the total population for the diocese as a whole. The lutherans have a small minority presence, as do some other evangelical ecclesial communities, but the vast majority are SB.

So, in short, it is a Catholic priest, because the only person in that area who would be dressed like a priest would be, well, a Roman Catholic Priest

ETA:

A close friend of mine from a parish down in Fenton, MO says they have had a priest that was recently transferred from their up to a parish around Center. She says she sent him an email and is awaiting a response to see if it was him or anyone he knows.

Resident Devil's Advocate ?

Guarantee huh ?  :LOL:
(08-08-2013, 12:00 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote:
(08-07-2013, 06:33 PM)guacamole Wrote: This has all the hallmarks of the supernatural.  It could have been a currently living saint bilocating, or a saint from heaven.

Or an angel.

Only a living priest can administer a valid sacrament. I doubt that God would cause a miracle which had an invalid sacrament as part of it.