Elephant in the room
???

No, Tim..Nothing is ticking me off (just the usual work-a-day stuff). I'm just trying to be funny. I shall catch up on my sleep and prayer before my next attempt.

I suck at forums.  >:(
(08-13-2013, 06:56 AM)lumine Wrote: Since quite a few people have left this forum, the intelligence level seems to have gone with them.....trolololololol

I'd say it's the immigration of neo cats from that has watered down the threads. You folks can't be as loose with you forked tongues over there. And of course the "where ca get's it wrong" thread has angered/outed so many of you.

A glance at your previous posts reveals exactly why you came here. Enjoy this reply. It's the last you'll see from me. I've read enough of yours.
Sorry Armor, maybe I'm under extra pressure now too with my two brothers in from far away.  OOPS !

tim
(08-13-2013, 03:35 PM)Whitey Wrote:
(08-13-2013, 06:56 AM)lumine Wrote: Since quite a few people have left this forum, the intelligence level seems to have gone with them.....trolololololol

I'd say it's the immigration of neo cats from that has watered down the threads. You folks can't be as loose with you forked tongues over there. And of course the "where ca get's it wrong" thread has angered/outed so many of you.

A glance at your previous posts reveals exactly why you came here. Enjoy this reply. It's the last you'll see from me. I've read enough of yours.

Tell me, exactly why did I come here?  I am not a member at Cath info so I have no idea what you are talking about.  Oh, that's right, you aren't responding...thanks.
(08-12-2013, 10:31 PM)Whitey Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 08:19 PM)lumine Wrote: Get your facts straight.....

The Vatican needs to get Catholic.

The Vatican **is** Catholic.  If you really don't think so then dialog here is extreme;y limited.  Good luck with that "traditional" ideology.......
Contrary to Whitey's opinion, I am not here to be a troll.......TROLOLOLOLOL.....  :eyeroll:

When I went to morning Mass yesterday, the lections that were read were not published in the missals, because the priest used the optional readings for the Mass that were for certain saints memorials, so I didn't have the book and chapter from the Bible until I went to Mass this morning.  Any way, for some reason the epistle reading made me think of this thread, as well as today's gospel reading, so I share them now, and I share more verses of the epistle than those that were read:

I Peter 4:
"[8] But before all things have a constant mutual charity among yourselves: for charity covereth a multitude of sins. [9] Using hospitality one towards another, without murmuring, [10] As every man hath received grace, ministering the same one to another: as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

[11] If any man speak, let him speak, as the words of God. If any man minister, let him do it, as of the power, which God administereth: that in all things God may be honoured through Jesus Christ: to whom is glory and empire for ever and ever. Amen. [12] Dearly beloved, think not strange the burning heat which is to try you, as if some new thing happened to you; [13] But if you partake of the sufferings of Christ, rejoice that when his glory shall be revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy. [14] If you be reproached for the name of Christ, you shall be blessed: for that which is of the honour, glory, and power of God, and that which is his Spirit, resteth upon you. [15] But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or a thief, or a railer, or a coveter of other men' s things.

[16] But if as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name."

And from the Gospel of John, chapter 15:
"[12] This is my commandment, that you love one another, as I have loved you. [13] Greater love than this no man hath, that a man lay down his life for his friends. [14] You are my friends, if you do the things that I command you. [15] I will not now call you servants: for the servant knoweth not what his lord doth. But I have called you friends: because all things whatsoever I have heard of my Father, I have made known to you.

[16] You have not chosen me: but I have chosen you; and have appointed you, that you should go, and should bring forth fruit; and your fruit should remain: that whatsoever you shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. [17] These things I command you, that you love one another."

Mutual respect also goes a long way between Catholics...
(08-14-2013, 10:16 AM)lumine Wrote: Contrary to Whitey's opinion, I am not here to be a troll.......TROLOLOLOLOL.....   :eyeroll:

When I went to morning Mass yesterday, the lections that were read were not published in the missals, because the priest used the optional readings for the Mass that were for certain saints memorials, so I didn't have the book and chapter from the Bible until I went to Mass this morning.  Any way, for some reason the epistle reading made me think of this thread, as well as today's gospel reading, so I share them now, and I share more verses of the epistle than those that were read:

I Peter 4:
"[8] But before all things have a constant mutual charity among yourselves: for charity covereth a multitude of sins. [9] Using hospitality one towards another, without murmuring, [10] As every man hath received grace, ministering the same one to another: as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

[11] If any man speak, let him speak, as the words of God. If any man minister, let him do it, as of the power, which God administereth: that in all things God may be honoured through Jesus Christ: to whom is glory and empire for ever and ever. Amen. [12] Dearly beloved, think not strange the burning heat which is to try you, as if some new thing happened to you; [13] But if you partake of the sufferings of Christ, rejoice that when his glory shall be revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy. [14] If you be reproached for the name of Christ, you shall be blessed: for that which is of the honour, glory, and power of God, and that which is his Spirit, resteth upon you. [15] But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or a thief, or a railer, or a coveter of other men' s things.

[16] But if as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name."

"[12] This is my commandment, that you love one another, as I have loved you. [13] Greater love than this no man hath, that a man lay down his life for his friends. [14] You are my friends, if you do the things that I command you. [15] I will not now call you servants: for the servant knoweth not what his lord doth. But I have called you friends: because all things whatsoever I have heard of my Father, I have made known to you.

[16] You have not chosen me: but I have chosen you; and have appointed you, that you should go, and should bring forth fruit; and your fruit should remain: that whatsoever you shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. [17] These things I command you, that you love one another."

Good reminder, Lumine.

(08-14-2013, 10:39 AM)Richard C Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 10:16 AM)lumine Wrote: Contrary to Whitey's opinion, I am not here to be a troll.......TROLOLOLOLOL.....   :eyeroll:

I Peter 4:

Good reminder, Lumine.

Thanks, Richard C.  They were good reminders for me particularly.
(08-12-2013, 08:00 PM)Sirach2 Wrote: Pope Benedict and John Paul II Affirm the CCR

If some wish to bury their heads in the sand and oppose the papal approval for the CCR, then I maintain that you are not in full communion with the Church.  Putting the comments of a priest over the authority of the popes is also a grave error, particularly when you publicly and continuously scandalize the faithful  --- a matter about which Jesus spoke sternly, saying that it would be better for you to have a millstone around your neck and be thrown in the sea.

I have nothing further to say.  It is your ballgame.

If someone opposes the "Charismatic Renewal" he is not in full communion with the Church? I learn something new everyday on Fisheaters.