Still rude in the NO:
(08-11-2013, 09:18 PM)christulsa123 Wrote:
(08-11-2013, 07:34 PM)2Vermont Wrote:
(08-11-2013, 06:55 PM)christulsa123 Wrote:
(08-11-2013, 06:29 PM)2Vermont Wrote: Not to belittle your concern at all (as I agree with you), but I *wish* this was the worse problem we have at the NO. 

Today, the mass was announced as the "celebration of the mass", not the "Sacrifice of the Mass".  I knew right there what the rest of this NO was going to look, sound and feel like.  Then the deacon gave the homily.  His homily began, "There are many religions....." ( I knew I was in for a goody); then within minutes he informed the parishioners that "we all worship the same God"....and ....."that we're all destined for Heaven".

I am *this* close to not attending another NO mass, uh service. Not sure what that means for me because there is only a monthly Latin Mass I can attend, but I'm so sick of this crap.  This is not Catholic; this is Protestant.

Thank God for that one monthly Latin Mass.

You are not obliged to go to an unCatholic service. Better to go it home alone and to Mass once a month.

Traditio website has a directory of TLMs.
Two questions:

(1)  Have I not met my Sunday obligation if I don't go to "Mass"?  I get that I don't consider it Catholic, but how do I know it's cool to skip (the only TLM in my state is the monthly TLM I mentioned)?

(2) Re traditio directory: they actually don't have my parish listed.  How do I let them know? 

If its not a Catholic liturgy then it doesn't fulfill your obligation right?

And we aren't required to participate in non-Catholic liturgies.

The heterodoxy and liturgical abuses alone exempt you from attendence.

Say it's the 1920s. You live in a remote village with only one Catholic Church you can go to, but the priest and laity constantly engage in irreverence, heterodoxy, and sacrilege at every Mass. You would be in good faith staying at home. It's like that today but its now universal.

re traditio, I'm not sure but you might email them the info on the Mass site, times, address, number, contact.

As much I disagree with most of the changes made to the Mass in the Novus Ordo, it is a liturgy promulgated by a Pope and the ordinary form of the liturgy as defined by Summorum Pontificum.  It would be un-Catholic to disobey the precepts of church simply because the only mass available is inferior (yet valid and allowed by the Church).  It's a horrible situation, but I would think your soul would be in more danger by disobeying this very basic rule of our faith.
(08-12-2013, 12:20 AM)Chestertonian Wrote:
(08-11-2013, 06:29 PM)2Vermont Wrote: Not to belittle your concern at all (as I agree with you), but I *wish* this was the worse problem we have at the NO. 

Today, the mass was announced as the "celebration of the mass", not the "Sacrifice of the Mass".  I knew right there what the rest of this NO was going to look, sound and feel like.  Then the deacon gave the homily.  His homily began, "There are many religions....." ( I knew I was in for a goody); then within minutes he informed the parishioners that "we all worship the same God"....and ....."that we're all destined for Heaven".

I am *this* close to not attending another NO mass, uh service. Not sure what that means for me because there is only a monthly Latin Mass I can attend, but I'm so sick of this crap.  This is not Catholic; this is Protestant.

You are not obliged to go to an unCatholic service. Better to go it home alone and to Mass once a month.

Two questions:

(1)  Have I not met my Sunday obligation if I don't go to "Mass"?  I get that I don't consider it Catholic, but how do I know it's cool to skip (the only TLM in my state is the monthly TLM I mentioned)?

(2) Re traditio directory: they actually don't have my parish listed.  How do I let them know? 

Say it's the 1920s. You live in a remote village with only one Catholic Church you can go to, but the priest and laity constantly engage in irreverence, heterodoxy, and sacrilege at every Mass. You would be in good faith staying at home. It's like that today but its now universal.

re traditio, I'm not sure but you might email them the info on the Mass site, times, address, number, contact.

As much I disagree with most of the changes made to the Mass in the Novus Ordo, it is a liturgy promulgated by a Pope and the ordinary form of the liturgy as defined by Summorum Pontificum.  It would be un-Catholic to disobey the precepts of church simply because the only mass available is inferior (yet valid and allowed by the Church).  It's a horrible situation, but I would think your soul would be in more danger by disobeying this very basic rule of our faith.

And there's the rub.  The problem is it has gotten to the point that when I go to church, my main prayer is "God, please don't let the priest say something that is offensive, non-Catholic, heretical, even questionable, etc".  I have got to think that God is just as pissed if not more at what has happened to His mass.  And yes, a Pope promulgated this disaster.  A rub, indeed.  Something that is very difficult to explain, understand, accept these days.
Diabolical disorientation

Two questions:

I just perused that directory again and I think I have a better understanding of what it actually lists. 

Would I be right in saying that this directory encourages attending only those Latin Masses celebrated by priests ordained in the Old Rite/bishops ordained in the Old Rite?

If that is the case, that might be why my parish isn't listed.  And if that is the case, I have no parish within 100's of miles.
You could try a different Latin Mass directory
Traditio has their suggestions, but they list different Masses (diocesan, sspx, independent, etc), not all offered by priests ordained in the old rite.

Do you live close to Ridgefield, CT?