The Zairan Rite
(08-11-2013, 08:49 PM)salus Wrote: Not surprised that one of todays priests didn't know India had any Catholics.

That bishop has not been bishop here for nearly twenty years.
Is that Bishop in Rome now?
Wouldn't surprise me.
No.
Wasn't the Latin Mass used in Zaire by the pre-Vatican 2  missionary priests. I bet this Zaire Rite wasnt there then. It reminds me that when i finished reading an excellent biography by the University of Hawaii on St. Damian of Molokai, i happened to see the canonization mass in Rome complete with Hula dancers. In this biography the secular writer repeatedly mentioned that Father Damian tried to stamp out the Hula dance in his village constantly, figures the Novus Ordo would do the complete opposite.
(08-12-2013, 08:23 PM)salus Wrote: Wasn't the Latin Mass used in Zaire by the pre-Vatican 2  missionary priests. I bet this Zaire Rite wasnt there then. It reminds me that when i finished reading an excellent biography by the University of Hawaii on St. Damian of Molokai, i happened to see the canonization mass in Rome complete with Hula dancers. In this biography the secular writer repeatedly mentioned that Father Damian tried to stamp out the Hula dance in his village constantly, figures the Novus Ordo would do the complete opposite.

Yep, to both points! :)