Second Catholic Answers Radio Show on Rad Trads Tonight (Aug 12) !
Here's the host's screed after the last show.

http://www.catholic.com/blog/patrick-cof...-mad-trads

You can listen to the show tonight on radio or streaming from their site.

I think it is 6-8 EST. I think perhaps some of us should take them up on their request for
Trads to call in.
Hmm.

i skimmed the linked article.  i listened to the first show.

i'm not sure what to say.  i've expressed my disappointment with angry trads since i joined Fisheaters several weeks ago.  so i agree with much of the article.  however, there are some distortions and i don't like hearing these things from a 'conservative' catholic -- especially a convert from protestantism and 'professional catholic.'  i'm thinking, 'okay, these so-called mad trads have brought it on themselves.' and that's true.  the stupid photo of the angry guy pointing is kind of appropriate, i have to say.  but . . . i still think of you guys as my peeps.  i feel heartsick saying that.

wish i knew how to quit you. ???
If they're radio call screeners are like their forum moderators then no trads will be able to call in.
I think calling in would be an occasion of sin for me.
(08-12-2013, 11:29 AM)guacamole Wrote: Hmm.

i'm not sure what to say.  i've expressed my disappointment with angry trads since i joined Fisheaters several weeks ago.  so i agree with much of the article.  however, there are some distortions and i don't like hearing these things from a 'conservative' catholic -- especially a convert from protestantism and 'professional catholic.'  i'm thinking, 'okay, these so-called mad trads have brought it on themselves.' and that's true.  the stupid photo of the angry guy pointing is kind of appropriate, i have to say.  but . . . i still think of you guys as my peeps.  i feel heartsick saying that.

The mode in which trads sometimes express themselves may be less than ideal (or a lot less than ideal), but that doesn't mean that they aren't correct in what they say, or that they aren't sincere. Try to look past the anger to see what they are saying. On the other hand, will the hosts of tonight's program conduct themselves in a sincere and honest manner? Or will they seek to deceive as they did last time? I prefer honest but grumpy trads to supposedly "charitable" deceivers any day.
guacamole Wrote:  but . . . i still think of you guys as my peeps.  i feel heartsick saying that.

Considering what you've been through, it seems to me like you're In It to Win It!
(08-12-2013, 12:02 PM)Meg Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 11:29 AM)guacamole Wrote: Hmm.

The mode in which trads sometimes express themselves may be less than ideal (or a lot less than ideal), but that doesn't mean that they aren't correct in what they say, or that they aren't sincere. Try to look past the anger to see what they are saying. On the other hand, will the hosts of tonight's program conduct themselves in a sincere and honest manner? Or will they seek to deceive as they did last time? I prefer honest but grumpy trads to supposedly "charitable" deceivers any day.

Hear, Hear!!!
I've got my mad-trad face on right now and I'm gonna play into their stereotypes by saying that what really, really puts me off is the way the host can be so incredibly smug sounding. I know he's probably a great guy, but damnit sometimes I just wanna smack him upside the head.

Reminds me of Raymond Arroyo (???) - my golly gosh when I see the guy speak my jimmies cannot contain the rustling!
Thanks for the link and reminder! I'm working tonight until 7pm... I'll have to listen in the office!  :O
(08-12-2013, 01:22 PM)Basilios Wrote: I've got my mad-trad face on right now and I'm gonna play into their stereotypes by saying that what really, really puts me off is the way the host can be so incredibly smug sounding. I know he's probably a great guy, but damnit sometimes I just wanna smack him upside the head.

Reminds me of Raymond Arroyo (???) - my golly gosh when I see the guy speak my jimmies cannot contain the rustling!

[Image: 0e3.gif]