Sorry to disappoint many of you, but the priest mystery has been solved!
(08-12-2013, 06:59 PM)DustinsDad Wrote: He gave the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick and absolution (Confession?) per the article...but someone said earlier the girl in the wreck wasn't catholic. I know the ''danger of death'' situation can change things a bit...but is this allowed? And why is it I feel guilty for asking such a thing?

I just didn't think non-catholics could receive the sacraments unless they were in danger of death and manifested catholic belief in the Sacrament they would receive. Just curious. Someone help me out.

Good question.  But I thought I read someone said she was Catholic.

(08-12-2013, 07:57 PM)2Vermont Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 06:59 PM)DustinsDad Wrote: He gave the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick and absolution (Confession?) per the article...but someone said earlier the girl in the wreck wasn't catholic. I know the ''danger of death'' situation can change things a bit...but is this allowed? And why is it I feel guilty for asking such a thing?

I just didn't think non-catholics could receive the sacraments unless they were in danger of death and manifested catholic belief in the Sacrament they would receive. Just curious. Someone help me out.

I think someone in the other thread, from the area, stated that she was definitely Catholic.
This still leaves a lot unexplained.  Why did he not show up in any pictures?  How did his vehicle get past roadblocks unnoticed?  Am I missing something?

Did Rev. Patrick Dowling bilocate?
(08-12-2013, 08:08 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 07:57 PM)2Vermont Wrote:

I think someone in the other thread, from the area, stated that she was definitely Catholic.

In that case....nevermind.
(08-12-2013, 08:37 PM)Adam_Michael Wrote: This still leaves a lot unexplained.  Why did he not show up in any pictures?  How did his vehicle get past roadblocks unnoticed?  Am I missing something?

A new "Fr. Dowling Mystery"?  :LOL:  (Anyone remember that show, starring David the Gnome...er...I mean, Tom Bosley?)
(08-12-2013, 09:53 PM)iona_scribe Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 08:37 PM)Adam_Michael Wrote: This still leaves a lot unexplained.  Why did he not show up in any pictures?  How did his vehicle get past roadblocks unnoticed?  Am I missing something?

A new "Fr. Dowling Mystery"?  :LOL:  (Anyone remember that show, starring David the Gnome...er...I mean, Tom Bosley?)

Do I have to respond?  LOL

I have to admit that when I saw his picture I thought he looked nothing like what he supposedly looked like per the picture.

In the article, Father Dowling said he parked his car as close as he could and walked 150 meters to the accident. He then asked the sheriff if a priest was needed.
(08-13-2013, 10:41 AM)damooster Wrote:

In the article, Father Dowling said he parked his car as close as he could and walked 150 meters to the accident. He then asked the sheriff if a priest was needed.

i believe this is known as monolocation.
(08-12-2013, 05:52 PM)Reichsjager Wrote: :amen:

The fact that a priest just so happened to be present at the scene of an accident in the middle of nowhere where there isn't a significant presence of the Church is miraculous enough to me.

Right on!! :w2go: and also:  :amen: