Pope Francis will consecrate the world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
I wonder about this whenever a thread on Fatima comes up. Folks that can pick apart any document of Vatican II and find any word which is squishy, but then they can not see the Consecration has not been done. More the very words of Bl. John Paul II says that. Then go for support of their position to the very Cardinals which are sketchy at best. 

In Te speravi, Domine; non confundar in aeternum

tim
What exactly did JPII say ?  I've never seen a quote to that effect. (if it's on this thread i missed it)
This is from John Salza on the Consecration;

In fact, after John Paul II performed his consecration of the “world” to Our Lady’s Immaculate Heart in March 25, 1984, the pope reportedly made some very confusing statements about this consecration. Specifically, both the Italian newspaper Avvenire, as well as L’Osservatore Romano, reported that the pope declared that the consecration according to Our Lady’s request was yet to be performed. The pope was reported as saying “Enlighten especially the people whose consecration and entrusting you are awaiting from us.” The report said the pope made this statement only hours after his consecration of the “world,” to about 250,000 people in St. Peter’s Square.

as-russia-been-consecrated-to-marys-immachttp://scripturecatholic.xanga.com/703978472/2-hulate-heart/

If you go to Fatima.org they have tons and tons of the details. They are meticulous and everything is noted. The problem is there is so much and it's not easily searchable but packed to the rafters with every bit.

http://fatima.org/default.aspx

tim
(08-15-2013, 03:48 PM)Tim Wrote: This is from John Salza on the Consecration;

In fact, after John Paul II performed his consecration of the “world” to Our Lady’s Immaculate Heart in March 25, 1984, the pope reportedly made some very confusing statements about this consecration. Specifically, both the Italian newspaper Avvenire, as well as L’Osservatore Romano, reported that the pope declared that the consecration according to Our Lady’s request was yet to be performed. The pope was reported as saying “Enlighten especially the people whose consecration and entrusting you are awaiting from us.” The report said the pope made this statement only hours after his consecration of the “world,” to about 250,000 people in St. Peter’s Square.

as-russia-been-consecrated-to-marys-immachttp://scripturecatholic.xanga.com/703978472/2-hulate-heart/

If you go to Fatima.org they have tons and tons of the details. They are meticulous and everything is noted. The problem is there is so much and it's not easily searchable but packed to the rafters with every bit.

http://fatima.org/default.aspx

tim

Hi Tim,

I have been having  problems understanding issues concerning the Catholic faith a long time and this is one of them.  What in the world is stopping the Pope from consecrating the world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary?

If  the Blessed Mother Mary Immaculate requests the world be consecrated to the her  Immaculate Heart  what could prevent the Pope from doing so? What does the Pope have to fear from doing so?

Is someone threatening the Pope?

Militaris Christi aka Thomas

(08-15-2013, 07:32 PM)Militaris Christi Wrote: Hi Tim,

I have been having  problems understanding issues concerning the Catholic faith a long time and this is one of them.  What in the world is stopping the Pope from consecrating the world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary?

If  the Blessed Mother Mary Immaculate requests the world be consecrated to the her  Immaculate Heart  what could prevent the Pope from doing so? What does the Pope have to fear from doing so?

I'm not Tim, but in answer to your question, as you stated it, absolutely nothing, which is why Pius XII and John Paul II have already done it and Pope Francis is getting ready to do so.

That's not the problem. OL, at Fatima, did not ask for the consecration of the world, she asked for the Consecration of Russia in union with the world's bishops. During the 1939-45 War, of course, the Soviets were allies of the West and since Pius XII died there has been a great fear of 'offending the Orthodox' if it was done.

The same thing is behind the failure to condemn Communism by the Council. Pope John XXIII was afraid that it would upset the Red Slave Masters and make it harder to reach rapprochement with the Orthodox. Of course,  rapprochement with the Orthodox is a pipe dream, since they hate Catholicism with every bone in their bodies, but that's a topic for another thread.
Jovann is right on target, it's Russia as asked or bombs away very soon. I think John Paul II's remarks at Fulda concerning sensational Biblical Retribution explains a little about how their thinking goes. They are afraid if the third secret and Consecration are done and nothing happens they will be made fools. Something to ponder.

tim
I love Our Lady and suppose I should at least learn all I can about Fatima. (St Bernadette and Our Lady of Lourdes is where I've focused most of my devotion)

I'm beginning to think at this point in time, if a pope follows the conditions to the letter, it will appear they caved to the Fatimists. Perhaps that is what they fear ?

If it's fear of offending the Orthodox, then I'd guess it will never happen.
(08-15-2013, 08:33 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:

I'm not Tim, but in answer to your question, as you stated it, absolutely nothing, which is why Pius XII and John Paul II have already done it and Pope Francis is getting ready to do so.

That's not the problem. OL, at Fatima, did not ask for the consecration of the world, she asked for the Consecration of Russia in union with the world's bishops. During the 1939-45 War, of course, the Soviets were allies of the West and since Pius XII died there has been a great fear of 'offending the Orthodox' if it was done.

The same thing is behind the failure to condemn Communism by the Council. Pope John XXIII was afraid that it would upset the Red Slave Masters and make it harder to reach rapprochement with the Orthodox. Of course,  rapprochement with the Orthodox is a pipe dream, since they hate Catholicism with every bone in their bodies, but that's a topic for another thread.

Not to mention, by failing to condemn communism or to carry out the consecration of Russia as explicitly requested, there are parties in the church who will atone at their judgement for the Martyrs of the USSR; the millions of priests and devout catholics in Eastern Europe and Russia that were brutalized or murdered by our great ally, the Leader of the Union of Militant Aethiests, Joseph Stalin, not to be outdone by Leonid Breshnev. The genocide you will never hear about.  Who was concerned for their plight in the church, other than the Blessed Mother, when this genocide continued right into the 90's? yeah, and then  the Berlin Wall was replaced to open up the eastern markets to capitalism; in its place came the more secure Rothchild Judeo-Masonic Global Banking Syndicate. There's no climbing over this fence.... But that's another thread too
Anyone who says the consecration is done deceives themselves
(08-15-2013, 08:33 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: That's not the problem. OL, at Fatima, did not ask for the consecration of the world, she asked for the Consecration of Russia in union with the world's bishops. During the 1939-45 War, of course, the Soviets were allies of the West and since Pius XII died there has been a great fear of 'offending the Orthodox' if it was done.

I had not known these bolded facts when I posted up-thread that I think it has to do with not singling out Russia because it would offend the Orthodox.  Now that I know this I am much more confident that this is indeed what is going on.  The "Bishop of Rome" is all about ecumenism as have all of the post Vatican II popes.  Ecumenism is apparently more important than anything else these days.  Haven't you noticed?
(08-15-2013, 08:33 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:

This!

I'm not Tim either but  it’s been stated  that  Bella Dodd testified about in the early 1950s, she  provided detailed explanations of the Communist subversion of the Church. Speaking as a former high ranking official of the American Communist Party, Mrs. Dodd said: "In the 1930s we put eleven hundred men into the priesthood in order to destroy the Church from within." The idea was for these men to be ordained and progress to positions of influence and authority as Monsignors and Bishops. She stated that: "Right now they are in the highest places in the Church" — where they were working to bring about change in order to weaken the Church's effectiveness against Communism. She also said that these changes would be so drastic that "you will not recognise the Catholic Church." Dodd gave testimony on communist infiltration of Church and state before the House UnAmerican Activities Committee in the 1950s. (See  School of Darkness).

If this is true, then there is the  possibility that within the ranks of the church,  exist many bishops who are opposed to Fatima  message,  and unless these bishops are removed, we may never have this true consecration of Russia take place. JPII stated something to the effect that he tried everything to make this consecration work but could not – whatever that would mean.